• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G, Masaaki Yuasa's Kick-Heart Anime Hits Fundraising Goal

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations for hitting the goal! Smile I look forward to this.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
And they say panhandling doesn't work.

I can't wait for everyone to pretend it's some brilliant avant garde film just because it's off-beat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad it reached its goal! Wonder if it'll get enough extra to get a dub, that would be awesome!

Hopefully this short will be a success and will slowly lead to more creative and artistic anime being made. Lord knows the industry needs it!

@penquin: arn't we the happy camper, hey off-beat is still better then most of the drek Japan has pumped out over the past 7-8 years. But meh to each their own.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see they added more reasonable goals, there was no chance it could reach 400k in a week. But I'm still sad none of the stretches were for more animation; someone would have done the work for Spanish subtitles for free anyway, I fail to see how that alone costs an extra 25k. Ten minutes of subtitling work takes less than an hour.

Soundmonkey44 wrote:
@penquin: arn't we the happy camper, hey off-beat is still better then most of the drek Japan has pumped out over the past 7-8 years. But meh to each their own.

I like Yuasa works, but you can't preemptively say it's good.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
WOOHOO! I'm looking forward to this! Thanks to everyone who contributed to help make this possible! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Sensational stuff. I'm looking forward to my blu-ray being delivered. Very Happy

Given the nature of the anime, I think it augers well for future, more mainstream, projects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
And they say panhandling doesn't work.

I can't wait for everyone to pretend it's some brilliant avant garde film just because it's off-beat.

Something good happens and you just can't not be a huge negative bummer about it, can you?

The people who wanted to see this get made successfully raised enough money to do it. Maybe there's a bake sale down the street you can go accuse of begging for money and then complain that people are only complementing the brownies because some stupid kids made them.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
YES!! I'm so so happy for them! I hope that the money is put to good use and, more than that, that this little victory opens up new opportunities for anime creators in the future! This is so great!!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Great news, but let's not give up just yet! We need that English dub starring Richard Epcar!! Very Happy

@penguintruth: Hey, my family's having a garage sale this weekend. Why don't you come by and complain about that? Razz Rolling Eyes
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
The system works.... the system really works... this is a great day for anime.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Yay! BD on my shelf near term. I don't mind ponying up funds if some worthwhile creativity is the result from it. Looking forward to project participation in the future.

Ditto: Great News!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Something good happens

Remains to be seen. Literally, it remains to be seen.

"Different" doesn't equal "good". But I can see people already worshipping this anime before it's even made simply because it's not some horrible moe harem show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
"Different" doesn't equal "good". But I can see people already worshipping this anime before it's even made simply because it's not some horrible moe harem show.

If this were part of a Studio 4C anthology, it'd be about as praised any of their other projects (not at all, because they're seldom seen). Kickstarter created visibility for the project, and it feels like people might be worshiping the possibility of crowd-funding more than the actual project it'll create.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm with walw6pK4Alo. 25K for subtitles, really? I know a group who will do that for free.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL, I'm almost certain you're the type of person didn't give a crap about about this project in the first place, so why do you even care to comment on it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4