• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Level 5's Inazuma 11 Anime Extended Until March 2011

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
OHhhhh... it's about soccer.
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Was that a joke? or sarcasm?
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
omgggggg another 52 eps <3 ~ I knew it was impossible for it to end on "78" that someone put on ANN because of the newest arc, but a whole year makes me happy <3 ~ LEVEL-5 <3 ~

Also, Inazuma Eleven anime has already been airing at Golden Time on TV Tokyo since 27+. Old news?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Well... it is the world's most popular sport.

It's gonna be weird watching the World Cup here in the US compared to when I was in central america for the last one. Even when their country was not involved, everybody watched nearly every single game.

That said the character design for Inazuma 11 just totally repelled me from it.
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, people actually read the comments. Thanks for the fix~

Megiddo wrote:
That said the character design for Inazuma 11 just totally repelled me from it.

Too bad, I wasn't too happy with the character design at first myself, but that really shouldn't detract you from seeing how awesome the series is. Not every series has to be as "hot-looking" as Prince of Tennis (as another exaggerated sports series) or Durarara to be good. Neutral Do you not like One Piece either?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely, but the One Piece designs did not repel me because they were original.

These just look like they took a generic kid-oriented approach to character designs. In other words, they look like they could easily be in Beyblade.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I just wish they'd release the game here in the States.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Ha sorry guys. I don't think I've honestly ever clicked on a link for Inazuma 11 and only seen random pictures. From the random pictures and title I always thought it was a basic shonen series with a lightning theme and really wasn't in the mood to pick up another shonen series. Wasn't until this article that I finally noticed it was a sports anime. "Ohhh, That's not fireball or lightning ball, its a soccer ball." and "Oh hey, that kid in the corner has soccerballs." is also what I thought. The design looks okay to me and maybe when it finishes it's run I'll give it a look thorough. Congrats on the extension Inazuma fans!

Oh, also if my little joke actually does hit on a sore spot; totally unintentional but hilarious if it does.
Brack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Absolutely, but the One Piece designs did not repel me because they were original.

These just look like they took a generic kid-oriented approach to character designs. In other words, they look like they could easily be in Beyblade.

They capture the quirky Level 11 designs quite well. The two leads are a little generic, but the real fun is in the character designs for the supporting cast and particularly the themed opposition teams.
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
I just wish they'd release the game here in the States.

The first game is confirmed for Europe release, so if you can't wait for a US version, you could get that.
I think with how much Inazuma Eleven is picking up in Japan though, the overseas might see potential for other games too. Time will tell!

And I definitely don't finish judging a series just by the character designs. There's so much more to anime than that .___.;
kgw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can assure you that Inazuma Eleven anime has been "sold" to several football-hating markets like South America (Mexico inclusive) and Europe. Wink

Yeah, it's a kiddie anime, but you know, anime cannot survive on otaku-centered series. And at least one this is not trying to sell new models (mecha anime, anyone?) "items", magic cards, etc.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Well, I can assure you that Inazuma Eleven anime has been "sold" to several football-hating markets like South America (Mexico inclusive) and Europe. Wink

......... what are you smoking? They love football in South America. It's got freaking Brazil and Argentina, two typical powerhouses anyway.

And Europe? It's got freaking Italy, Germany, England, and Holland (along with many more) who are all crazy for football.
LAboy 456

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Great news... Cool This one, together with "Soul Eater", are my big favourite anime series of these last few years (both of them on my all-time favourite anime series) Wink

For me, it's more than a "kiddie" anime... but, tastes are tastes and I respect them Wink
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
kgw wrote:

......... what are you smoking? They love football in South America. It's got freaking Brazil and Argentina, two typical powerhouses anyway.

And Europe? It's got freaking Italy, Germany, England, and Holland (along with many more) who are all crazy for football.

Wait... do you mean football or do you meant futbol aka Soccer to the USA?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
kgw wrote:

Wait... do you mean football or do you meant futbol aka Soccer to the USA?

I mean football, not american football. This is an international site after all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2