• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-02-10

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
I hate interruptions from family, too, but what can ya do? Crying or Very sad
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 am Reply with quote
Grandma Rosa's the best! Laughing
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
I got a good laugh out of this one~ reminds me of how when I first got into anime with mostly female casts, I was totally embarrassed about it, so I started waking up early to watch it in the morning, or watching it before my brothers got back from school so that I wouldn't get caught.

Now I have a room covered in naughty anime posters, hug pillows laying around my room, and a too-hot-for-tv bedsheet tacked to the ceiling... somewhere along the line I dropped the ball HARD Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote
I rofl at this comic. But than again, I never liked yaoi.

If I get out my anime dvds and start watching them, sometimes mty parents come into the room and sometimes actually watch a bit of what anime I'm watching. I don't mind it. I kinda like it when they do that way I can expose it to them if only for a few moments. Razz

Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Hellfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
ajajaajjaja I think I love that grandma already, girls were lucky though not always you get family as cool as that. (remembers when one aunt saw us watching one brazilian teen show right at the moment a couple was discusing if they were doing it or not Anime hyper... we were more cautious with the anime though Anime hyper)
Hagaren_Otaku726

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Anime hyper Oh Grandma Rosa, you are just too much!

Sort of like what's happened to me a few times in the past... It's always weird to try to explain what's happening in an (unconventional) anime.
I tried with FLCL once and failed miserably. I should have known better though.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
Good to see Grandma Rosa back again. Also, now having not-so-fond memories of the first time I watched Evangelion.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
if only my experience the first time I watched the hot springs episode of OutLaw Star went that smoothly. *sigh*

there's just something completely wrong with an adult gal sitting on the same couch as her dad while he gets too happy about seeing topless anime girls. having a grandma come in and take seeing a BL scene obvious enough she gets it and yet manages to take it that mater-of-factly would have been WONDERFUL in comparison.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, this is totally what my grandma would do if she ever walked in on something like this.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote
21stcenturydigitalboy wrote:
Now I have a room covered in naughty anime posters, hug pillows laying around my room, and a too-hot-for-tv bedsheet tacked to the ceiling... somewhere along the line I dropped the ball HARD Anime hyper

Woah. Really? If you don't mind my asking: If you had to speculate, how do you think you overcame that innate sense of embarrassment/shame and were thus able to move into a state of comfortability/indifference?

I ask because at present I am tremendously ashamed to even discuss E-rated anime or manga with my mom, who is more aware of the gaps separating hentai and mainstream series than most parents of otaku I know or have learned of, second-hand. Embarassed
Senna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
Family members always seem to come in at the worst possible moment. I'll always remember a birthday party I had in jr. high where my friends and I rented a romantic comedy to watch that none of us had seen (Notting Hill, I think). When does my mom walk in to check on us? The minute there's a sex scene Embarassed

So yeah, I am always careful about what anime I watch when family are roaming around the house.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
Awesome Grandma. That last bit really did have me lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mimori Kiryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I had the same experience with the OVA of Gravitation and my mother. I laughed so hard while reading this. Anime hyper
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 am Reply with quote
Haha, this is reminding me of my present day life (my grandmother ended up moving in with us due to a recent loss in the family)
Roy9076

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote
I lol'd. If it was me in that situation, I'll be like "Grandma, come on in!" Then again, I'm excited and blunt when it regards about people joining in with the same interest. Embarassed Not a fan of yaoi, but there are certain titles that are good to watch, regardless if you are into the genre.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5