• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach movie two: Japanese: staff tasks incorrectly placed.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
386sky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
You couldn't have said that Bleach movie two in Japanese language has credit staff tasks incorrectly put. Please fix them. In Bleach non-movies, these staff tasks are put correctly.

Task "動画チェック": put as Animation Inspection. Change to In-Between Check.
Task "色指定": put as Color Correction. Change to Color Designation.
Task "制作進行": put as Production Coordination. Change to Production Advancement.
Task "製作": put as Production. Change to Production Unification.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quote
There is a thread dealing specifically with duplicate tasks and how to translate tasks here:

Starting to take care of duplicate staff tasks

A number of terms have multiple possible translations - I have often been unsure what term to use when translating myself and, more importantly, English companies often do not agree among each other or even between their own releases as to what terms they use. If the only reference you have is the English credits (as seems to be the case with the "animation inspection" credits for Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion since the source is given as "ending credits of Bleach the Movie 2 on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network") then there is no way of knowing what the actual task is. If you also consider that Japanese companies do not necessarily all use exactly the same terms either...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1