• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Transformers on Cartoon Network

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if Toon Zone posted this or not, but here's the press release where they made the announcement.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Is this even news worthy? Considering that they aired Armada and Energon, this is no surprise at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too willing to believe this. The toy company isn't always right. Bandai kept saying SD Gundam season 2 would air on CN in Fall 2004, and it never happened.
Requiem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
This it would explain the new commercials that are showing on TV now (since it's been ages since I've seen the last batch of them)
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
I'm not too willing to believe this. The toy company isn't always right. Bandai kept saying SD Gundam season 2 would air on CN in Fall 2004, and it never happened.

BAI has horrible reps, they're rarely accurate and rarely offer info willingly. Likely that was a case of BAI saying something that BEI didn't actually have or even Bandai Co. wasn't ready to announce. It's that whole "left hand/right hand" thing. Hasbro, on the other hand, being just one company is far more likely to be accurate about announcements like this since the info is there's to give.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dejiko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
This is Galaxy Force we're talking about, right? Well, that's nice... now all of the CN audience can experience what happens when you let Gonzo cut loose without mentioning words like 'toonshader' and '2D compatible with 3D animation' in the contract. Man, I hate CG that looks like CG and clashes with just about everything else in a show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1