• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[flake] Battle Doll: Angelic Layer (TV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
386sky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese staff includes two art directors and three camera directors, as referenced in Shirayuki:
Nobuto Sakamoto (eps 1-13)
Takashi Hiruma (eps 3-26)
Atsushi Takeyama (eps 1-4,7,10,13,16,19,22,25)
Haruhide Ishiguro (eps 5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26)
Shuichi Heishi (eps 6,9,12,15,18,21,24)

This animation is available for watching as an dubbed version in Pimpanime or Dubhappy.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote
When you are entering a source for encyclopedia information, please provide a link to your source. Don't just put "Shirayuki" as a source, enter the URL: http://shirayuki.web.infoseek.co.jp/anime/AL.html

If you are talking about it on the forums, do this: "as referenced in Shirayuki", so I can get to it faster.

Also, your last comment is completely unnecessary. If you somehow mean to check the official credits of the dub (ADV's) release (which I can do, since I own the DVD's), they are not helpful here, as they credit Nobuto Sakamoto on all episodes (and incorrectly omit Hiruma), and just credit all three directors of photography on all episodes as well. Otherwise, you only seem to be encouraging people to go watch it at illegal sites, which I'm pretty sure is against the rules here.
386sky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks

While editing the Angelic Layer ED 2 project in Sony Vegas you credited Takashi Hiruma instead of Nobuto Sakamoto and removed the first two camera directors in it leaving Atsushi Takeyama. Check the image here as here you uploaded this in My Opera. Is the musical concert PC software is going to be created?

Edit: ADV incorrectly omit color coordinator Sayoko Yokoyama while as Pimpanime is an illegal site allowing you to watch English dubbed animations and changed link. You also incorrectly translated 撮影 to Composite while editing the project in Sony Vegas.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote
The English credits in that image bear absolutely no relation to the Japanese credits underneath.

--edit--

Oh, if you need to fact check anything in particular, I happen to have a copy of the 8th Japanese DVD hanging around somewhere (but only that volume so only episode 21-23).

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Also, your last comment is completely unnecessary.

Not to mention that it's available for legal streaming at Crunchyroll!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Good point - not available here in the UK for whatever reason, although the TAN stream is http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Angelic-Layer/Watch
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TaeWong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote
Also, the official credits of the ADV dub credited Okochi as “Screenplay” for all episodes. It is not listed on EmperorBrandon’s post. Which date is this forum post?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1