• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, September 26-October 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see some variety on the list. The absence of Naruto is a surprise. Of that list I bought Hetalia, Bund, Berserk and Deadman Wonderland. It's nice to see Seven Seas and Dark Horse make the list once and awhile too.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Deadman Wonderland on the list. It makes me more optamistic that an R1 company(Funimation), will license the anime right off the bat.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Ack! What happned to all the great Viz manga? Oh well, Bleach is still there.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Glad to see Deadman Wonderland on the list. It makes me more optamistic that an R1 company(Funimation), will license the anime right off the bat.

Same here. I've gotta track down vol. 1 and buy it.

Granted, I was pretty miffed that TP translated Yoh's name as "Yo" but I suppose even that is acceptable over time, given that the rest of the translation is handled very well.
After all, I've grown fond of far stranger names... (Light, Backyard Bottomslash, Nice Holystone, Jacuzzi Splot, Allelujah Haptism, etc.) Laughing
GordanHam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Divineking wrote:

Same here. I've gotta track down vol. 1 and buy it.

Granted, I was pretty miffed that TP translated Yoh's name as "Yo" but I suppose even that is acceptable over time, given that the rest of the translation is handled very well.
After all, I've grown fond of far stranger names... (Light, Backyard Bottomslash, Nice Holystone, Jacuzzi Splot, Allelujah Haptism, etc.) Laughing

Thirded. I'm really happy to see it on the list. If it was doing this well then I am guess the gap between the release of volume 3 and volume 4(Febuary) isn't due to poor sales, but probably to the whole Kadokawa deal. Man they just had to ruin nice release sheduele.

And the 6 titles are all from different companies. Nice. And only one Viz title on the list.
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I cried in jubilation that Naruto isn't on it this week, probably because its the week before the release of the newest one, but still.

I'm also proud to say I helped propel DitVB to the #2 spot! Seven Seas FTW!
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Wait, only one Viz? What the hell?
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas is damn lucky to have Vampire Bund, seems like that's the only thing keeping them afloat. Not that I'm upset or anything; on the contrary, I'm ecstatic and looking forward to their release of the Toradora! manga. Smile
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen wrote:
Seven Seas is damn lucky to have Vampire Bund, seems like that's the only thing keeping them afloat. Not that I'm upset or anything; on the contrary, I'm ecstatic and looking forward to their release of the Toradora! manga. Smile

We also publish a popular juvenile fiction series called Avalon: Web of Magic, and we have a solid backlist of titles that we're constantly reprinting.

Re: Toradora! -- Just finished proofing the script for that on Monday and passed it off to the letterer. So book 1 is starting to take shape.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
So when does NY actually get in the new volumes? Because the new Naruto and One Piece is out and it's nowhere be seen on here. Not that I care...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Haa, nice to see Hetalia at #1 (no shocker there). But am quite pleasantly surprised to see Maid Sama up there once again. Guess this series has really gained momentum. ^^
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
So when does NY actually get in the new volumes? Because the new Naruto and One Piece is out and it's nowhere be seen on here. Not that I care...

Those were released this week, and this is last week's bestsellers, hence why they're not here. I'm sure they'll both be on it next week, Naruto will probably be #1 for the next month or 2, so...
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Berserk and Deadman Wonderland on there. Very Happy
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Wait, only one Viz? What the hell?

It wouldn't surprise me if this will be the only time we see one Viz title on the list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1