• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: NISA Announces Anime Title Release Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
Those look very impressive!

I own both Toradora and Persona vol. 1. The extra goodies are of a premium quality. The books are hardcover and sturdy.

I only have a minor issue with the dimensions of the packaging. They stick out from my shelf by about 4 inches. One solution I am considering is standing them up on top of my shelves with bookends.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Were Pandora Hearts, and Our Home's Fox Deity announced previously?

You would think two new series getting licensed by NIS would garner more than one comment.

Love the packaging on the first two I have received from NIS, and I am looking forward to more.
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Pandora Hearts was mentioned back when Toradora was licensed. I didn't notice it then but when this article came out I did.

I'm kind of annoyed though. I'm still hoping these guys will decide to dub what they are getting at some point, so I'm buying from them in hopes they'll do that (and for the record, they don't need to offer some upgrade program, I don't take advantage of those when they are offered. I'd just be happy to get a dub at some later point, well, as long as it doesn't suck Razz).
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
Were Pandora Hearts, and Our Home's Fox Deity announced previously?

The encyclopedia entry for each title includes a link to every new item in which it's mentioned, including license announcements (not trying to sound snarky, just pointing out a nice feature). I imagine that the Toradora! announcement and resulting forum discussion ("Best title ever!" "Looks like derivative crap!" etc.) might have overshadowed these shows in the minds of some readers.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:

The encyclopedia entry for each title includes a link to every new item in which it's mentioned, including license announcements (not trying to sound snarky, just pointing out a nice feature). I imagine that the Toradora! announcement and resulting forum discussion ("Best title ever!" "Looks like derivative crap!" etc.) might have overshadowed these shows in the minds of some readers.

Yeah, I see that now, announced along with Toradora!. I had checked the news items in the encyclopedia before I posted but did not see anything specific news item headlines with Pandora Hearts or Home's Fox Deity.

I can see how these two got overshadowed by Toradora! in my mind at the time.
aereus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote
Most anime DVDs released these days don't drive the sales numbers required to turn a profit after adding an English dub. Sad but true fact.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I love the show so much. The box set is great! love the hard cover book that comes with it. But the Dvd's played so badly in some spots. The first episode of the second disk was really bad. it would skip in normal play through. I have a crt tv and a normal dvd player.

So i was glad that there is an offer for remaster disks! has this been noticed by anyone?

Also i cant wait for coo- our guardian.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1