• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Bandai Entertainment announces New York Anime Fest Events

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this means they've licensed the Gundam OO movie?
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
NO ****ING FAIR! NEW YORK GETS TO EXPERIENCE DUBBED K-ON FIRST-HAND AND I'LL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO! WAAAAAAAAAAH!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
NO ****ING FAIR! NEW YORK GETS TO EXPERIENCE DUBBED K-ON FIRST-HAND AND I'LL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

You do realize since Bandai licensed said series, eventually it will be produced in a digital video disk (also known as a DVD) and will be sold in stores such as Best Buy, Robert's Anime Shop and Right Stuff right?

If you really wanted to, you could always fly to New York and see the anime if this truly vexes you so vastly.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

You do realize since Bandai licensed said series, eventually it will be produced in a digital video disk (also known as a DVD) and will be sold in stores such as Best Buy, Robert's Anime Shop and Right Stuff right?

If you really wanted to, you could always fly to New York and see the anime if this truly vexes you so vastly.

That's the point to my all-caps message. I can't fly to New York and I won't get to hear the dub before anyone else. Of course I know it's coming out, i've been waiting for Bandai to license it since it came out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

That's the point to my all-caps message. I can't fly to New York and I won't get to hear the dub before anyone else. Of course I know it's coming out, i've been waiting for Bandai to license it since it came out!

Do you have any friends/relatives that live in New York? If so, could could ask them if they could see if Bandai would let them video tape that episode(s) for you.

Or you could contact Bandai directly and see if they are willing to send a digital video disk of the episode(s) that aired in New York. They might be able to work out something for you.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:

Do you have any friends/relatives that live in New York? If so, could could ask them if they could see if Bandai would let them video tape that episode(s) for you.

Or you could contact Bandai directly and see if they are willing to send a digital video disk of the episode(s) that aired in New York. They might be able to work out something for you.

Very Happy That sounds delightful.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
Not sure if I'm just having reading issues, but I don't see anywhere that they're going to play K-ON! dubbed episodes. The only thing I see is a few times there'll be a "mini concert" featuring the English dub VA for Mio most likely singing a few songs (probably Don't Say Lazy/Fuwa Fuwa Time/My Love is a Stapler/etc. I'm pretty sure they did this at AX as well, or at least, I've seen video of the mini concert on Youtube (which was funny cause Bandai had a Yui and Mugi cosplayer there along with Mio's English VA but no Ritsu. Poor Ritsu).
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
(which was funny cause Bandai had a Yui and Mugi cosplayer there along with Mio's English VA but no Ritsu. Poor Ritsu).

I just saw that video. I'm kind of pissed that no one cheered for Ritsu. She's better than Mio IMO.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
(which was funny cause Bandai had a Yui and Mugi cosplayer there along with Mio's English VA but no Ritsu. Poor Ritsu).

I just saw that video. I'm kind of pissed that no one cheered for Ritsu. She's better than Mio IMO.

I remember reading somewhere online that Mio actually has a larger fan base. Why that is a mystery that probably is as simple as the fact her image caters to the moe fans. Is that a good thing? For Bandai and Kyoani and the fans yes? For anyone else, I have no clue.

K On is a similar to Poke'mon and in some tiny degree, Mario. All three shows have made several companies rather rich by licensing and producing them. Poke'mon and Mario could technically run for several decades to come. K On is likely to be milked until something new comes along or until the author gives the series a grand ultimate finale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1