• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DMP Adds Butterfly of the Distant Day, Rabbit Man, Tiger Man, Men of Tattoos, Moon & Blood

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's good to hear they aren't planning to shoehorn their existing licenses into this program, but it still worries me that we'll simply stop seeing print editions of BL moving forward. Digital as a medium may very well kill print in a niche of a niche genre like this.
Apsara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote
I'm still debating on whether to get an iPad or a Kindle anyway but...this is annoying. I adore my print books and try very hard to get first editions so I don't want digitals. They feel so ephemeral.

I know Amazon isn't going to be stupid again (I hope) about deleting books already bought without the kindle user's permission but still, the fact that they did it once makes me only want hard copies. I understand what Amazon did was because they had no choice but that almost killed my curiosity to buy the Kindle. So annoyed.

I'm borrowing trouble but I can't get rid of the eerie feeling that Apple could just come into my personal belongings and take it away too. So physical books all the way, thankyouverymuch.

Oh, here's the news link for those who don't care or wasn't aware:
http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/drm/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218501227
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1