• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia Anime's 5th Series Promo Previews Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
Finally Anime hyper !
Been waiting to see this!

Now, I can't decide whether I realllllllly really like this new animation... it does look rather nice~
Or if it looks a little strange, but still pretty damn good. (Well, as far as cheap 5 minute APH shorts go...)

When it was just pictures you were looking at, it looked awesome!
So sleek and pretty~
But, looking at it now animated, it looks a tad... odd Smile .
I guess it'll just take getting used to. (Like the first one(s)).

I like it just a little more than the cheaper looking first seasons. (Save for some of the characters looking a little different. For instance, I love all the new designs, because they seem to be closer to the original strip ones. But I prefer France's design from the first seasons Anime cry ... But that's just me being picky.)

All in all, I wish this would hurry up and come the hell out already! I feel like I've been waiting for forever!
Totally excited for this~ Loved the first seasons (though, after a certain point it started to get a little bland...)
So, here's hoping they go back to what they did (right) in the first season and this comes out better and more awesome than some of the others~

Totally can't wait!

Please oh please, god, let this not be a boring let down Anime cry ...
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy for the Hetalia fans finally getting a prettier, hopefully less-frenetic version of their show. I thought the first anime was so ugly with its oversaturated colors and this looks like a big big improvement! The little hearts in the eyes remind me of AKB0048 and are very cute.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
The New Animation is nice, I do miss the old school Hetalia but after World Series I'm like, Ok, the animation sucks (but then again I wouldn't say World series was the best series ever either, obviously Axis Powers was the better series), I'm still going to miss France's old look, but I think this is a start of something new. A transformation from the (what I call lame) World Series to a new funnier anime. ( The only thing I Dislike is they gave Hetalia an opening theme, Hetalia should NEVER have an opening theme, that's what makes the endings so well known.) Can't wait until season 5! Very Happy

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see any hints of the San Buon Valentino storyline. I'm still going to cross my fingers.

Regardless, I'm happy to see it returning. Hooray!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1