• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Survey: What Winter Anime Are You Looking Forward To?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starre257

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! People actually want to watch Hourou Musuko! This is very happy. OMG I would die of happy if someone were to simulcast Hourou Musuko. I want to see this show so much.
minirop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
For me : Hôrô Musuko & kimitodo s2
spoiler[but I don't care about a simulcast since I'm not in the US]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Starre257 wrote:
Holy crap! People actually want to watch Hourou Musuko! This is very happy. OMG I would die of happy if someone were to simulcast Hourou Musuko. I want to see this show so much.

It's the show I am most looking forward to.

Anyways it is a noitaminA show. Funimation has been streaming all their series lately so I would be really surprised if there is not a simulcast for it.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Slim pickings this winter. All I'm looking forward to are Fractale and Kimi ni Todoke S2, the latter in particular (which is apparently the modal opinion at this point!).
ayashe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Mitsudomoe 2, and then GOSICK. I'll be watching others, but Mitsudomoe is the only one I care about, and GOSICK is the only one of the others that sounds interesting. I HATE Kimi ni Todoke.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Nothing overwhelms me, but I'm passively interested in Fractale, GOSICK, Hourou Musuko, and maybe Wolverine and Beelzebub. Hope at least some of these are streamed somewhere.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to:
Beelzebub
Infinite Stratos
Wolverine
Hourou Musuko
Level E
GOSICK
Fractale
I'm most excited for Beelzebub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cheesechimp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
There's no "I'm not interested in this season at all and will probably spend the entire season watching older anime instead" option?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
cheesechimp wrote:
There's no "I'm not interested in this season at all and will probably spend the entire season watching older anime instead" option?

There needs to be that one, I was just talking to PenguinTruth about this on Twitter yesterday when I mentioned that Brotherhood was the only series that I am collecting that's actually new, whereas most of my purchases are going towards series I watched 5-10 years ago.

Nothing really got my interest this season
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Nothing overwhelms me, but I'm passively interested in Fractale, GOSICK, Hourou Musuko, and maybe Wolverine and Beelzebub. Hope at least some of these are streamed somewhere.

You're in luck, as all of those except Wolverine are very likely to be simulcast.

Wolverine will not be, as G4 already has licensed all the Marvel anime, but will not being airing them until later in 2011 (Summer, as I recall).

You can expect Fractale & Hourou Musuko at Funimation, GOSICK at Crunchyroll, and Beelzebub most likely simulcast by Viz.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Moshidora where? the last 2 weeks of the winter season is still the winter season D:
JackCox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see people can realize a good show when they see it (GOSICK)
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Is there anyway to see the results again after you vote? I found a couple of Japanese anticipation lists and they look pretty different from the one at ANN (so much so that it's amusing).
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Picking the #1 was hard. I kept on wavering between Fractale and GOSICK. I'm probably anticipating Fractale more, but Fractale has the potential to either be 100 units of awesome or turn out poorly, whereas I know GOSICK will be at least 80 units of awesome. So I went with GOSICK.

So I guess I'm "anticipating" Fractale more, but "looking forward to" GOSICK more.

Also, I love Mitsudomoe, no matter how unpopular it gets.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I already know what could just be the biggest disappointment of 2011 thanks to ANN!

Quite interesting that I'm interested in all shows listed here... although Card Fight is probably the only one I'm not so sure about.

Gosick being my one pick. I've been a fan of Gothic Lolita since Petite Cossette. Now, add that to Bones, detective, and terror/mystery.

Kinda, but not completely, surprised to see Kimi ni Todoke on the top of the second list. I guess it's to be expected since the manga is pretty popular, and it already had a prequel (besides people must be expecting a conclusion, so no wonder). I want a conclusion, but the manga is still ongoing, ain't it? Argh.
It amuses me that despite the flood of romance in every medium for the past millennium, it still stands as the favorite.

Quote:
You can expect Fractale & Hourou Musuko at Funimation, GOSICK at Crunchyroll, and Beelzebub most likely simulcast by Viz.

Hmm. Base behind it? I think Gosick is a bit too big for CR, so I expect to see Funi pick that (or even ANN, since I wouldn't doubt there's a certain purpose behind this survey). And for Viz picking Beelzebub, perhaps... depends on how successful the streaming of Nura was.
To be fair, I wish CR would grab all of it (even if it's a shared license, which doesn't matter to me), since they're the ones who would almost surely stream to the UK.

Not to sound offensive, but, CR's audience is hardly after quality as long as it's entertaining to them, so CR should do fine with whatever they come up with (in other words, the bottom 8 would be more lucrative than the top 4 to them).

wandering-dreamer wrote:
Is there anyway to see the results again after you vote? I found a couple of Japanese anticipation lists and they look pretty different from the one at ANN (so much so that it's amusing).

Wasn't Milky Holmes the most popular over there this season? Yeah, that by itself tells me everything me needs to know about Japanese expectations.

Oh, yeah, you can see it again.
animenewsnetwork.com/survey/187/result

Last edited by egoist on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5