• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Koreans Speak Out Against K-Pop Boom Lies Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I hate Girls Generation, so i'm all for any lampooning. Unfortunately they used their real names, which is grounds for slander.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote
I have seen news article about Korean actresses being forced into prostitution by there agency. A girls actually committed suicide after prostituting her self's.

the said article: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2902289

Find more by Googling 'Korean actresses being forced into prostitution'
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby...

Are the Japanese getting jealous that Korean pop is growing popular?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
*Gasp!* ... Just kidding. Not really a shocker--it's a pretty open dirty secret. Idols in Asia get pimped out -even underage girls- to the wealthy, powerful and influential by their agencies, handlers and managers.

It's outrageous and disgusting, but what sickens me more is the outrage expressed by the "Koreans" stems from their dirty laundry being aired to the world in manga, NOT that these girls are being whored out.
Hectotane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote
Waitaminute! That's exactly what's been said about the Japanese idol business in general. This is merely another of Japan's efforts to crap all over those who aren't Japanese; mainly, the Koreans.

I think it's STUPID, overall.

What happened in Arizona; a psychopath shooting up a Democratic politician's "meet-&-greet," killing six and mortally wounding others... And that inadvertant message from him, "They're not who I am / want them to be!" That's STUPID.

This is also STUPID. And I'd wish for these circus clowns to grow up. But I guess that's too much to ask of Japan's darkening hearts. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 am Reply with quote
I read about this last night at AllKPop and though I don't like how this manga degrades some of these groups I was even more upset on how some of those fans on AllKPop just went on to bash ALL of Japan.

Most of the Japanese (at least the younger generation) LOVE most of the Korean groups who debute there! Korean groups are greatly supported over in Japan so people shouldn't judge the whole of Japan, but the creators of the manga and so on.

Have better sense than that people Confused
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote
Any members of KARA in need of rescue from your sleazy pimp-handlers please post here. I will be organizing a rescue party made up entirely of pervy K-pop fanboys.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quote
Everybody who's not out of touch reality knows how the entertainment business works worldwide...well except India, I dunno what the hell you gotta do there to get famous, I bet it's gross though.

...What?

But yeah, fanboys drinkin too much haterade as usual.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote
From what I gather from reading the article itself and from the comments thereafter on this forum, I have to say it sounds like a touchy, grayed out issue that's now gotten worse. Sad Yeesh.

No thanks. Not touchin' this one.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
I read about this last night at AllKPop and though I don't like how this manga degrades some of these groups I was even more upset on how some of those fans on AllKPop just went on to bash ALL of Japan.

Most of the Japanese (at least the younger generation) LOVE most of the Korean groups who debute there! Korean groups are greatly supported over in Japan so people shouldn't judge the whole of Japan, but the creators of the manga and so on.

Have better sense than that people Confused

Counterpoint, from a human's right's view. KPop is exploiting women in such a manner that it is having an adverse affect as a foreign influence of native Japanese citizens. Granted JPop does the same thing, but the Japanese have the power or ability if not directly through their own government to control such affects whereas they can not control or affect a foreign influence.

If anything maybe this should be a wake up call to the Korean government to investigate such abuses in the industry. And granted the Jpop industry should be looked into as well by the government, Or if that isn't going to float the boat, then look at it this way Kpop steals money from the Jpop industry who is exploiting women there.

What boggles my mind is how the demographics that buys in to JPop/KPop claim to be so opened minded (not directed to the OP) and yet closes a blind eye to this exploitation.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile, fans pretend to give a damn while ogling AKB48, a Japanese all-femalehigh-school-girl-looking group recently in the news for.... guidance assistance (the couch was one of the Japanese trademark "fold until it's gone" variety).

It could be worse. Squid could have been served at dinner (because tentacles are dangerous things to leave lying about).

This was fun, though not sure if it was of interest.
Stereotypes for the win.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
Many J-youths admit liking K-pop because they can't understand the lyrics. Why does that sound familiar? Ironic, ain't it? Laughing

People gotta understand: the talent agency employs and controls these groups, not the other way around. Like Morning Musume, god bless they're passe now, they just got fresh 12-14 yr olds virgins as new members, probably after auditioning since they're age 8, to prance their boot-ay on stage: Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Fallenmessiahx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
wow this is all news to me. I know that i have heard story's of American pop stats and actors sleeping with people to get a leg up in the industry but never before heard of them being sold as prostitutes.
I know the American music industry might do some f-up stuff but I don't think they go to this level.
I feel sorry for these girls. All they want is to sing and dance and be a star...not a call girl. Sad
eevaleena

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
This kind of things happened in most of the country in the world. So no surprise here. But to be honest, I feel kinda sorry for these girls (or ladies ^^). They're just being exploit.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote
This is an interesting article. Though, I can't help but laugh from that shot despite the seriousness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2