• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Heads to PS3, Xbox 360 in U.S., Europe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KentaMaeba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF RELEASING IT ON WIIU IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

Ahhhhhh... the quest for more money, I see. Well, whatever. Anime smile
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
That and now I'm now hearing Bayonetta fans are now using this and Mass Effect 1 PS3 port to prove that Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KentaMaeba

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
That's alot of "now"s. And now, I'm going to bang my head against the floor.

Nintendo OWNS Bayonetta now, fans. So any chances of a PS3/360 port are quite slim. If anyone wants to play Bayonetta 2, just buy a WiiU. I know I am. Anime smile
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
KentaMaeba wrote:
THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF RELEASING IT ON WIIU IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

Ahhhhhh... the quest for more money, I see. Well, whatever. Anime smile

Team Ninja have a record for this.
Ninja Gaiden has been released on Xbox twice, PS3 and PSVita. (4)
Ninja Gaiden 2 has been released on Xbox 360, PS3, PSVita. (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 has been released on PS360 (same thing), Wii U's Razor's Edge and will be released on the PS360 as an incremental improvement to the Wii U title but a massive one to the original release. (3)

Every remake or rerelease has been more or less the definitive version, Razor's Edge is a case where the original Ninja Gaiden 3 wasn't even desirable, so a few new skins, a level and a character wouldn't be enough.

Likely, this won't even be the best version of Ninja Gaiden 3 for even two years. >_> Vita is gonna get it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
@KentaMaeba

That's now under question from Bayonetta fans. Last time I checked Nintendo doesn't even own both Bayonetta nor bought out Platinum Studio. After we saw this:

-Mass Effect 1 which on 360 was published and funded by Microsoft and 5 years later that ended up on PS3, that shock a lot of people because MS 2 years before ME1 got a PS3 port said in a statement [url= http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20013992-17.html] ME1 would never get a PS3 port and would remain exclusive[/url]. Now look what happen we have ME1 on PS3.
-Remember Goldeneye on Wii, that one was also funded by Nintendo Activision just published it because Activision was the license holder for James Bond game. Goldeneye on Wii was supposed to be exclusive on Wii as Activision said. A year after it's Wii release, it got "reloaded" on PS3/360.

Look dude, I've seen enough past timed exclusives that ended up on another console, Bayonetta 2 is no different. ME1 on PS3 was the one that made Bayonetta fans questioning Bayonetta 2 on Wii U exclusive. Geez even Gears is under question from PS3 owners because:

1) Even MS publish the Gears series, they don't owned the IP according to MS trademark site.
2) Epic Games President, Mike Capps stated he wants to bring Gears of War to PS3 raising eyebrows and questions from PS3 owners (and 360 owners also) if Gears on 360 is timed exclusive just like GTA 3 was timed exclusive on PS2 (GTA 3 didn't came out on Xbox until 2003, the PS2 version came out in 2001 because Sony and Rockstar signed a timed exclusive contract for GTA 3)

Learn from past timed exclusives and that include Mass Effect 1 on PS3 5 years after Xbox 360 release, I even wrote up a blog why Bayonetta 2 on Wii U could be timed exclusive.

Last edited by mdo7 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shinn AsukaGSD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Just give ryu a transformation already u bastard.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Team Ninja sure loves screwing their fans.

Anyway, I am glad that I waited long enough to hear this news. Going to get this game.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
KentaMaeba

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Learn from past timed exclusives and that include Mass Effect 1 on PS3 5 years after Xbox 360 release, I even wrote up a blog why Bayonetta 2 on Wii U could be timed exclusive.

Well, I'm not expert in the video games industry. I might just be expressing my discontent.

Either way, the Wii U's not getting the attention it deserves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1