• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Ghost Sweeper Mikami TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzaco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
The anime only adapts the worst parts of the manga, so it's not really good.
Tamakun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I think Pioneer/Geneon also had licensed this anime at some point too - unless the P-Anime "Best of Best" CD had the track on there just 'cause they did the dubbed song...
sailorsean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Well that was unexpected... I saw the first 5 episodes years ago, and since the fansub group had stopped I thought there was no way I could finish this series...

Tamakun wrote:
I think Pioneer/Geneon also had licensed this anime at some point too

I believe it was Manga Entertainment (I think) that licensed the movie, otherwise as far as I know, no one ever licensed the tv series.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Weird license rescue. But I guess it was cheap. If S23 really want to win people over, though, they should try to bring back I'm Gonna Be An Angel.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, this would certainly make for an interesting topic on the next ANNCast... Because I am surprised beyond words. Congrats Sentai! You've made my mind = blown.

Really, you hear about licenses that come out of left or right-field before... Well, this license came out of the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly that's located 5 miles from either left or right-field!

As for how I feel about the license... Well, I certainly know of Ghost Sweeper Mikami, but I have never seen any of it before so I have no idea if I'd buy this or not. I do like old-school anime, though, and I don't think I've ever heard too much bad about this title, so it's a maybe right now.

Hey, if this just means that we can get more old-school anime in the future, then I'm all in!
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm too used to the dub by now, so...no, thank you.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, certainly not expecting that. And I was just looking up things about Takeshi Shiina and Zettai Karen Children a few days ago, when I found out he also did GS Mikami. The few episodes of the anime I saw were pretty good (decent looking, but not sure it has aged well), but I doubt it will get a dub. And as nice a news this is, how well will this sell, even subbed-only, given its age and relative obscurity here? I figured they might have had an easier time shilling a newer and more well-known show like ZKC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see some old-school stuff getting licensed, but to be honest I don't have much interest in this Neutral.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I never even heard of this show. I have a bad feeling it will fall on it's face. Good luck, Sentai.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Nice to see some old-school stuff getting licensed, but to be honest I don't have much interest in this :|.

Granted, it's great that Sentai is licensing older anime titles, I've read parts of the manga (fifty chapters plus), but I lost interest.

If Sentai licensed any older title, I wouldn't mind seeing any Dragon Quest anime picked up. Just a thought, since it's been about more than a decade since any Dragon Quest anime has been shown in US.

It's not that this is a bad series and to be honest, I rather see this show than any moe/ecchi show any day of the week, it's just that it has been licensed before.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
...............um..... Why?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kikin0083

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
oh wow, I've actually seen this anime, it was shown in some mexican channel outlets and i kind of liked it but it never finished airing the whole series. im actually excited, great to see some old school being licensed recently. about the series being licensed from Manga, it was the last three episodes spliced together as a movie. the series was never licensed here.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Does every license have to be brand new? Give me a break. I hate new anime/armchair industry expert snobs.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Does every license have to be brand new? Give me a break. I hate new anime/armchair industry expert snobs.

Stop trying to be Zac B.

Dude, it's not about being old, it's about who the hell wants this? In my long, long experience on the internet I have not ever heard one person say anything good about this anime. All I know about it is that it's the only anime my grandpa ever watched in Mexico.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
If only they could rescue Street Fighter II V and add their dub in it (yeah yeah, i know Mangle still has it but i can dream can't i).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4