Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Majestic Prince Robot Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iCards



Joined: 20 May 2010
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
"A home video release later this year."

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 04 Oct 2002
Posts: 2117
Location: Springfield, MO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Sentai does that with their PR all the time. Rule of thumb is to not trust their home video time frames on simulcast acquisitions. It's very unlikely they will actually release it this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It seems Sentai are just licensing and licensing stuff without stopping. I don't think I've heard anything from Funi for a while (in terms of acquiring new shows).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
Subscriber



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8923
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I don't think I've heard anything from Funi for a while (in terms of acquiring new shows).


they announced they had karneval today, and the next announcement will be in about 3 hours
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Echo_City



Joined: 03 Apr 2011
Posts: 1236
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
"A home video release later this year."

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
Funimation is so slow and lax with their issued release dates that I really wouldn't put it past them to overplay a plausible issue like a Japanese-induced delay in order to deflect blame from its justifiably-miffed customers. I suppose that I should give them the benefit of the doubt as that excuse is plausible and they do try but it is hard to do so when I should be watching Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing dubbed this month (Carrie Savage ftw).

Which reminds me of one important tid-bit not included in this article: will this Sentai physical release be dubbed @ release?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sam6782



Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
iCards wrote:
"A home video release later this year."

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
Funimation is so slow and lax with their issued release dates that I really wouldn't put it past them to overplay a plausible issue like a Japanese-induced delay in order to deflect blame from its justifiably-miffed customers. I suppose that I should give them the benefit of the doubt as that excuse is plausible and they do try but it is hard to do so when I should be watching Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing dubbed this month (Carrie Savage ftw).

Which reminds me of one important tid-bit not included in this article: will this Sentai physical release be dubbed @ release?


It depends on how well the streaming numbers are when it starts streaming on The Anime Network(which will be probably be in May). So if want a dub/Blu-Ray release for Majestic Prince,watch it on The Anime Network(even if you are watching it CR since they probably cant see the numbers on CR).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2522
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
sam6782 wrote:
Echo_City wrote:
iCards wrote:
"A home video release later this year."

What about that "cool-down" period Funimation said that Japanese companies like to have.
Funimation is so slow and lax with their issued release dates that I really wouldn't put it past them to overplay a plausible issue like a Japanese-induced delay in order to deflect blame from its justifiably-miffed customers. I suppose that I should give them the benefit of the doubt as that excuse is plausible and they do try but it is hard to do so when I should be watching Last Exile Fam of the Silver Wing dubbed this month (Carrie Savage ftw).

Which reminds me of one important tid-bit not included in this article: will this Sentai physical release be dubbed @ release?


It depends on how well the streaming numbers are when it starts streaming on The Anime Network(which will be probably be in May). So if want a dub/Blu-Ray release for Majestic Prince,watch it on The Anime Network(even if you are watching it CR since they probably can't see the numbers on CR).
.

These shows are generally sublicensed from Sentai to Crunchyroll, so they do usually have access to the streaming numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group