• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xbox's Next Generation to Be Revealed on May 21

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
A li'l late, everybody was talking about it the whole day.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they're actually gonna pull the "always online" shit with it
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Well, you can't expect an anime site to really care about the Xbox. Its pretty much a non existent system in Japan after all.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Well, you can't expect an anime site to really care about the Xbox. Its pretty much a non existent system in Japan after all.

And I can't blame them Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

But this is mainly the West, where there's more relevant happening.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

But this is mainly the West, where there's more relevant happening.
And it's not like ANN is always quick with it's video game news anyway. But yeah it shouldn't matter if it's xbox or Playstation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I wonder if they're actually gonna pull the "always online" shit with it

Well considering they fired the Microsoft guy advocating it, I would assume they realized their mistake.

Then again it is Microsoft, where Xbox Live is manditory for playing online compared to other systems, so you never know. I'm sure western devs would love always-online DRM, especially EA.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
That statement doesn't make any sense.

Yes Xbox Live is required for online. Just like PSN is required to play online.

Difference is you have to pay for it, not the absence of a service.

And I'm not sure just western companies would like always online drm like system. It's not like Sony hasn't looked into it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

And I'm not sure just western companies would like always online drm like system. It's not like Sony hasn't looked into it.

The whole DRM thing has been much more heavily done by Western developers than Japanese developers. Probably because the Japanese don't pirate as much.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

The whole DRM thing has been much more heavily done by Western developers than Japanese developers. Probably because the Japanese don't pirate as much.
OK? What does that have to do with what I said? I said it's not just western companies that would be for this. Which is true, you've had sony flirt with this two gens now. And regardless if how much Japanese people pirate or not, the console stage to Japanese companies is more than just Japan.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
the NEW Xbox will take the RED ring of death to all new heights! while adding issues with slow servers due to the always on as well as the death of being unable to play your copy of games on anyone other Xbox. Loaning games will be a thing of the past to friends! while quality control issues will still persist in most major releases.

Sounds like the next Generation of console to me as presented by Micro Soft only out for the short term gain.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
the NEW Xbox will take the RED ring of death to all new heights! while adding issues with slow servers due to the always on as well as the death of being unable to play your copy of games on anyone other Xbox. Loaning games will be a thing of the past to friends! while quality control issues will still persist in most major releases.

Sounds like the next Generation of console to me as presented by Micro Soft only out for the short term gain.
Sounds like a load of BS from someone who dosent know crap.

You really think MS is going to allow such debacle as Red Ring again? Only some sort of fanboy would even suggest such an idiotic idea. And if so I sure hope you aren't on the Sony bandwagon, not with their history of disc read error PS2s and cheaply cooled Phat PS3s.

Slow servers do to always online? No, I believe if there's any company out there who will be able to put forward a system and handle it, it's MS. Seeing as how Live is a service that runs and is secured far better then that of Sony. The company who want to sell you on ideas of streaming whole PS3 games like its nothing.

And really at this point, no one at all knows how or if the always online thing is real or how it works. So stating it is a fact like you did is pretty ignorant.
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Will the gamepad be as useless for fighters as the 360's? Laughing
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Well considering they fired the Microsoft guy advocating it, I would assume they realized their mistake.

Then again it is Microsoft, where Xbox Live is manditory for playing online compared to other systems, so you never know. I'm sure western devs would love always-online DRM, especially EA.

Yeah but EA is also Amereica's worst company 2 years in a row now and does not seem to want to give up its place or its golden poop award. I think they fired that #dealwithit guy because he was acting unprofessional towards the consumers and was a bad representation person. I dont think they would be capable to re-develop the software in just 2 months before the announcement--considering the system was probably built around the always online feature. Its just interesting to see how far Microsoft will take it and how well the community will continue putting up with Microsoft violating them anally until they switch to a different console Rolling Eyes
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
How is MS violating them again?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3