• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Class of Heroes 2 to Launch in English Without Animated Opening

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
they seem to have had a really tough job with this, more than they should have. looks like they're gonna make it though somehow.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they finally decided to drop the OP and just get the game out over here in the West. Smile Until it comes out, I'll satisfy my thirst for dungeon-crawlers with Wizardry.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:23 am Reply with quote
You might want to add that (as Siliconera also noted) the OP will be added as an update to the digital version of the game, so it's only the UMD version that will remain OP-less.

Looking forward to more ToToMono Anime smile
victor viper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, somehow it had escaped my attention that they were actually doing a physical release. I'll buy just for that reason, and cross my figures that it's an upgrade over the first COH.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
You might want to add that (as Siliconera also noted) the OP will be added as an update to the digital version of the game, so it's only the UMD version that will remain OP-less.

Looking forward to more ToToMono Anime smile

PSP games have the ability to use patches. Or could even make the OP DLC. But either way, I rather have an original OP, but beggars can't be choosers.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
It sucks that they will have to drop the opening but I can understand why they would have to. They really must love this game to still put so much effort into trying to get it released even after the red tape.

I know I'll be buying the physical copy when they have it available.
Yerld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Bablioteca wrote:
they seem to have had a really tough job with this, more than they should have.

It was their own fault. They didn't license the original Japanese song (and knew they had no rights to it) but figured that they could get around this by recording an English language cover.

Well, not in a commercial product, no.

Quote:
They really must love this game to still put so much effort into trying to get it released even after the red tape.

They've spent their money on it and have nothing else to sell. I'd release ASAP even if I hated the game.
Calibrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Lol, keep knockin' em dead Vic.

Man, guy's a joke.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Yerld wrote:

They've spent their money on it and have nothing else to sell. I'd release ASAP even if I hated the game.

True but unlike other companies that we see go through this they aren't going to shred the game and make it something different or release it gutted because of license issues.

If you follow their kickstarter updates they have really been trying their hardest to get this game out as best they can for the fans. I think that deserves some recognition.
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Yerld wrote:
It was their own fault. They didn't license the original Japanese song (and knew they had no rights to it) but figured that they could get around this by recording an English language cover.

Well, not in a commercial product, no.

There are more serious problems to the exception than "in a commercial product" (you can use the song in a commercial product). Such as "in the United States."

But that's assuming that he was trying to rely on the cover exception instead of just didn't know Acquire didn't have the right to license out the song.

OtakuKitten wrote:
I know I'll be buying the physical copy when they have it available.

You have to pre-purchase it now (before May 8). It'll only have one print, even though the physical version will ship later than the digital one. There's also no standalone physical version: The $37 is for a digital+physical combo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1