• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Reveals Dusk maiden of Amnesia Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I am unfamiliar with Clint Bickham, it is good to have Jessica Boone in a dub, Emily Neves is fine I suppose, but I hate the idea of Brittney Karbowski as Momoe. I like Karbowiski's work, but I think she was miscat in this role. I would have preferred an actres with a soft/gentle sounding voice. Monica Rial would worked for Momoe.

I want to support dubs by buying series with them, but it is hard to watch anime with dubs when the voices do not match the characters' personalities. I hope I am proven wrong, but, other than Boone's great choice as Kirie, this cast feels shaky.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I want to support dubs by buying series with them, but it is hard to watch anime with dubs when the voices do not match the characters' personalities. I hope I am proven wrong, but, other than Boone's great choice as Kirie, this cast feels shaky.

Some voice actors/actresses have a way of surprising us with their unprecedented vocal range, so maybe the cast will actually turn out to be good.

Chances are Sentai's gonna announce the Tsuritama dub cast soon. I wanna know who voices who!
ladyjaye

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
A soft, gentle-sounding voice?! Momoe spends half the show near aneurism. You're super wrong. This cast is absolutely perfect. Clint Bickham is the least experienced, but few VA's could pull off the double character play like Neves.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
more Jessica Boone is always nice
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
The dub cast sounds good. Brittney seems like the right choice for Momoe.

The extras included with this will be nice. Buying it for the CD(and the dub). I was on the fence about this before the CD that will be included was announced.

I'm still a little disappointed that the ending wasn't more like AnoHana's rather than spoiler[us being trolled by Yuuko reappearing. Poor Kirie, she likely won't ever get the guy]
Plantz

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh I didn't even know this was getting a dub. I finished this just a couple of days ago so this is a pleasant surprise. I like the cast although, the only thing I've seen with Bickham in it was Ef - A Tale of Memories/Melodies.
skyreno4

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Nice!!! I Just watched the first episode of this series in english dub on TheAnimeNetwork site, great dub each cast was perfect for their role, No complaints, im happy can't wait to own this, also kids on the slope too ^^
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
For Sentai, this is a great cast. Must be a fluke of some sort.

It's always great to see Jessica Boone in new shows. Whenever I think "oh, she's moved on", she gets cast in another show.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
This is a marvelous series, one of my favorites for the theme, and the OVA that comes at the end is just as good as the series itself. I would love to see more of this, maybe another season...but at least we have this and now a dub. Well the cast does look ok, will wait to see how it comes out but as one poster has already said sometimes a VA can really rise to the occasion..and surprise us all.

I agree re supporting dubs, there aren't that many these days and it is important to show the folks back in Japan we still do support them over here.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
I like to give dubs a chance, but I will still pick up this series regardless. Freaking loved it!
Khooni

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
Oh Yeah!!!! I guess This will be the first Dubbed ecchi anime to be released this year Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
So I wonder what audio/video problems this release will have that Sentai won't bother correcting after they are brought to their attention? Hey Sentai, can you manage to release this without having a entire episode in mono like you did on Kids on the Slope? That would be awesome.
Tsukento

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who first checked to make sure Steven Foster was nowhere in the credits?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:32 am Reply with quote
Tsukento wrote:
Am I the only one who first checked to make sure Steven Foster was nowhere in the credits?

Herpaderp derp derp. Considering Sentai's way-too-godd***-fast release schedule and rough-edged quality control, I think most anything is a bit of a crapshoot these days, Foster (whom I believe hasn't done a HOTD-type dub/script in ages) or no Foster. I know that Christopher Ayres hasn't made any impression on me much different from Steven Foster when it comes to directing the nearly word-for-word-with-subs dubs, judging by the clips from Hakuouki and eF: Tales of memories I've seen (which, frankly, haven't impressed me).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1