• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, May 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Its gonna hurt me to buy GL on DVD knowing there IS a blu ray considering I only buy anime on BD....sigh
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Its gonna hurt me to buy GL on DVD knowing there IS a blu ray considering I only buy anime on BD....sigh

If funimation would spend 1/4 of the time it does rereleasing the same stuff that has already been out for year (darker than black) as they did putting out new shows, people might not be so pissed at them.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
So what's the big deal of the new Gurren Lagann set being that price? Extras or something? (Own the original Bandai releases that I got for $90 +tax at con 3 years ago).
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:53 am Reply with quote
I hate that we don't even get the gurren lagann manga yet they'll release the anime 10 times over.
katscradle

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
For some reason the place I usually buy from has a two week delay on the BD for the Colorful movie. But, they have the DVD version. I'll wait or go elsewhere. I refuse to buy things on DVD if there is an accessible BD release. This is going to be the first time I buy something from Sentai too.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Happy that I can finally finish Tiger & Bunny, in all of it's HD glory with Viz's release of the second and final box set.

Has anyone seen Colorful? I've heard from several sources that it's painstakingly slow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1