• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takara Tomy Streams Transformers Go! Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how they explain robots transforming into vehicles alien to that time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:

Lots of Transformers fiction has had them turning into suspiciously earth-like vehicles on Cybertron. They may just say they never took 'Earth' forms. Or it may be time travel.

That said, I hope someone subs this. Shame the toys will likely be Japanese exclusives, this is the first time I've wanted to collect Transformers since they cancelled Animated. And I used to be HUGE into collecting Transformers.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
The robots are CG?! Aw crap! Transformers looked best when cel-animated...most of the time.

Aw well, I hope this series is a good one, I've been waiting for an anime Transformers since Cybertron ended.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
What is this? "Transformers" or "Mobile Suit Gundam?" Just thought I'd remind you that Michael Bay wasn't the only who desecrated the franchise this past decade.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This looks kinda cute Laughing I wanna see it
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Transformers with a Gundam-esque feel is a wet dream come true.

I hope this is not set within the Prime continuity because I don't like it. But this better have a good explanation as to why it's set in the warring states era.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I've got a question for everyone. What in the world are the Transformers doing during the Warring States Era? I had a look at the promo and to me,the whole premise seems stupid. Could you imagine if someone in Hollywood decided to send a group of Transformers back to the Old West? That idea would stink on ice,just like sending Transformers back to the Warring States Period. Whoever thought this up must have been smoking something funny.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I've got a question for everyone. What in the world are the Transformers doing during the Warring States Era? I had a look at the promo and to me,the whole premise seems stupid. Could you imagine if someone in Hollywood decided to send a group of Transformers back to the Old West? That idea would stink on ice,just like sending Transformers back to the Warring States Period. Whoever thought this up must have been smoking something funny.

Well mate, before you write a bloody song and dance about it, at least wait and see before we assume they're just randomly picking a time period for no rhyme or reason, this isn't A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
I hope this is not set within the Prime continuity because I don't like it.

Prime is loads better than all the unwatchable junk they made in the past.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

Snomaster1, this has been done before, Gundam did this.

TopGunman wrote:
Transformers with a Gundam-esque feel is a wet dream come true.

I would love to see Transformers taking form of Gundam/mobile suit. I'm for seeing Optimus prime taking in a form of RX-78-2 Gundam *imagining a truck turning into an RX-78-2 Gundam*. Also I always thought Megatron would look kinda badass as a Red Zaku, the glowing mono eye on Megatron would make him (and other decepticons) look more evil.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:

I can kinda get with the parallels of the autobots and decepticons being little different than warring states era, but yeah haveing alien robots that transform into vehicle forms simply is a head scratcher when put into such a situation no matter how you look at it.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I've got a question for everyone. What in the world are the Transformers doing during the Warring States Era? I had a look at the promo and to me,the whole premise seems stupid. Could you imagine if someone in Hollywood decided to send a group of Transformers back to the Old West? That idea would stink on ice,just like sending Transformers back to the Warring States Period.

I have no idea if this show will be good or not, but I give it points for originality. Transformers are an ancient race that go back at least 11 million years, so they absolutely could be in the Sengoku era.

Honestly I'd rather watch this or even a Wild West Transformers than yet another rehash/reboot of the same old premise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1