• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals Manga to End

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Second Fire Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
This is a damn shame. The manga is bloody hilarious and deserves a lot more attention. I can only expect that the remaining chapters will be adapted, since they already done an anime based some of chapter already. This was providing better content then what the main Naruto manga was providing...

I'm dead serious.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Had a good run. With 50 episodes and a video game. Sad to see it go.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote
I didn't try out all of them, but this was the only work in Saikyo Jump which seemed to know what it was doing from what I could tell.

Fun artwork which still resembled the original work and tons of silly parodies and gags. It deserved the anime and video game that it eventually got.

By comparison, One Piece's one was pretty awful and Dragon Ball SD took far too long to find footing from being a poor imitation of Dragon Ball to finally stepping into making fun of the work and having some original ideas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1