• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More IPod Downloads from CPM

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Its official. Steve Jobs is taking over the world piece by piece. And I always thought Bill Gates was one day going to be our lord and ruler.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Considering they actually have stakes in each others works these days it doesn't really matter much. Microsoft actually has alot to do with Apple these days. Either way their computers are still overpriced and junky and it's unlikely IPods will hold the crown forever as other media giants start to jump on board. Apple isn't a small company but right now they're mostly a one trick pony and to certain other companies they're not even a speed bump, more like an anthill.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Considering they actually have stakes in each others works these days it doesn't really matter much. Microsoft actually has alot to do with Apple these days. Either way their computers are still overpriced and junky and it's unlikely IPods will hold the crown forever as other media giants start to jump on board. Apple isn't a small company but right now they're mostly a one trick pony and to certain other companies they're not even a speed bump, more like an anthill.

I can tell your a Mac hater. I will give you that pc's are more powerfull, but for doing any sort of creative application (Photoshop, Illustrator, Go Live, After Effects, Flash, Dreamweaver...), Mac's are much better equiped for doing those sort of things. I've tried using Photoshop on a pc, but I got so annoyed after 10 minutes and gave up. Apple also has the best video editing software on the market, Final Cut Pro. So hate if you will, but Mac's are responibile for anything creativitly worthwile in the world today.
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Not like it matters all that much, since these files can also be played on any computer that has the right video drivers.
YourNeighborTotoro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Wait..free download? Are these videos and trailers and stuff FREE?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
YourNeighborTotoro wrote:
Wait..free download? Are these videos and trailers and stuff FREE?!

Yes. Yes they are.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:
Its official. Steve Jobs is taking over the world piece by piece. And I always thought Bill Gates was one day going to be our lord and ruler.

Apple has a popular MP3 player and somehow that's equal to "taking over the world piece by piece"? Question
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Apple has a popular MP3 player and somehow that's equal to "taking over the world piece by piece"? Question

Dude, you know just as well as I do that cd's will be gone in 5-10 years, so Appel is alreday taking over the mp3 market. Give it time and we will have "wireless ITunes" wich will totally render cd's as useless, once Appel drops the prices of the IPod's to something more affordable.

And, It was a joke. It goes back to a story I wrote a couple years ago about Bill Gates using Windows to take over the world, one dork at a time. I still perfer Mac's, and as people realize how great of a compute they actually are, the masses will all run to there local Appel Store and by there Mac's. (I'm writing this on a Appel Powerbook G4)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1