• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, July 29-August 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Minor correction, but the original creator of Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei is Tsutomu Satō, not Sajima. (I only know this because I just happened to see the name in a volume of DRRR!! yesterday...)
hpulley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Decent second week for Sukitte Ii na Yo which is good to see, just a little under where volume 10 was at by this time.
pykrete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
46,135 - average per volume (1-8) since the premiere (17 weeks); 15 weeks remaining

1423140 - Vol. 10
1452987 - Vol. 09

771651 - Vol. 07
794948 - Vol. 01

9135625 - Shingeki 2013 sales (Oricon), probably higher.

16m+ - series overall total Oricon reported sales
23m+ - series overall reported printed copies
Toriko36

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Attack on Titan has to be getting a second season for the anime. Look at these sales and they jumped up dramatically, since the airing of the anime.

Good for them and I look forward to reading/watching where this story goes.

As for One Piece, still a powerhouse and with no ending in sight, who knows how long this will go on for.

Is it safe to say, the manga industry (in Japan at least) is doing really well? That's alot of paper and books they produce each month!
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
Attack on Titan needs season 2 because the manga is nowhere near done...  It will be a long wait however as the anime done weekly has almost caught up to the manga which is done monthly... Somehow anime is faster!

In the commentary track for Aiura I was listening to this morning it was interesting as the mangaka Chama was included along with the main seiyuu. He said he is envious of the animators!!!
bigivel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 am Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Attack on Titan has to be getting a second season for the anime. Look at these sales and they jumped up dramatically, since the airing of the anime.

Good for them and I look forward to reading/watching where this story goes.

As for One Piece, still a powerhouse and with no ending in sight, who knows how long this will go on for.

Is it safe to say, the manga industry (in Japan at least) is doing really well? That's alot of paper and books they produce each month!

The manga industry overall is doing incredible!(I dream that in my country it was like that) The problem is that each year is declining steadily. If that decline don't stop, then sooner or later the industry will enter a crisis(the decline is really slow. If I had to estimate I would say it would take 50 years to be significant). Some people think that the industry is already in a crisis, because in the 80s-90s it was a lot of times bigger than it is now, and because some small magazines are ending, when before survived comfortable.
Ithiel Arcadion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
There are now half as many teenagers in Japan as there were 25 years ago. It's dumb to expect that the manga industry would still see steady sales numbers when the target audience is in decline. The manga industries crisis but a small fragment of a much larger population crisis in Japan
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I would say that you could see that sort of economic collapse due to the aging demographics in Japan in just about every section of society. It's certainly influenced some of Japan's other notable export industries, like video games and consumer electronics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1