• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mikako Komatsu, Sachi Kokuryu, Yūichi Nakamura, Kotono Mitsuishi Lead Gundam Build Fighter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Kotono Mitsuishi, therefore worth checking it out.
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Komatsu Mikako, Ishikawa Yui and Mitsuishi Kotono.
I love you, Sunrise.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Yuichi Nakamura is the 3rd best young voice actor in Japan, today. I love Nakamura! Kotono Mitsuishi is also lovely. I hate Evangelion. It's one of the worst pieces of shit, I've ever seen. A super robot show that you have to take seriously, is not a Super Robot show, but Mitsuishi's sexy, outgoing MIsato was great and made Misato one of the few characters in Evangelion who is likeable. She is also great as Toniya Malme from Gundam X, as well as Murrue from Gundam SEED. I love Mitsuishi. Don't care about Komatsu or Kokuryu, whoever they are. Jobbers.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Stupid Sunrise, don't you know how hot a milf that's also an expert on gunpla would be?
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Yuichi Nakamura is the 3rd best young voice actor in Japan, today. I love Nakamura! Kotono Mitsuishi is also lovely. I hate Evangelion. It's one of the worst pieces of shit, I've ever seen. A super robot show that you have to take seriously, is not a Super Robot show, but Mitsuishi's sexy, outgoing MIsato was great and made Misato one of the few characters in Evangelion who is likeable. She is also great as Toniya Malme from Gundam X, as well as Murrue from Gundam SEED. I love Mitsuishi. Don't care about Komatsu or Kokuryu, whoever they are. Jobbers.

Quote:
A super robot show that you have to take seriously, is not a Super Robot show

Good thing Evangelion isn't a Super Robot show then.
Also, what's with the angry ranting about Evangelion in a Gundam topic?
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
@jet I hate Evangelion with a passion, but my sweet Kotono Mitsuishi was in it. And actually, Eva IS a Super Robot anime. The "mechs" which technically aren't mechs, but rather spoiler[the essence of the Children's mothers] are not conventional, cannot be harmed, unless the plot calls for it and act in a way that is super robot, meaning they are super robot.
jet_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
@jet I hate Evangelion with a passion, but my sweet Kotono Mitsuishi was in it. And actually, Eva IS a Super Robot anime. The "mechs" which technically aren't mechs, but rather spoiler[the essence of the Children's mothers] are not conventional, cannot be harmed, unless the plot calls for it and act in a way that is super robot, meaning they are super robot.

Since the EVAs are technically "cyborgs", EVA should be called a Hybrid Robot show.
You can't really put it in the same category as Tetsujin 28-go, Mazinger Z and Getter Robo.

Back to the topic of Build Fighter.
I hope the series is 50 episodes long, and not just 25 episodes.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Guess we're done with "proper" Gundam shows for a few years at least then, huh?
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Guess we're done with "proper" Gundam shows for a few years at least then, huh?

If you're talking about "Gundam being a kids franchise" that means you have to complain about every single Gundam installment, which came before Build Fighter. Gundam always was and always will be a kids franchise.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Even if they were meant to sell toys, they certainly looked less juvenile. And I don't believe for a second that 0080, 0083, Char's Counterattack, F91, or 08th MS Team are Sunday morning material. This and AGE are trending younger than Gundam has before, approaching the Brave series.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
sirdano1 wrote:
Stupid Sunrise, don't you know how hot a milf that's also an expert on gunpla would be?

Voiced by Murrue Ramius too, they really missed a trick there.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Even if they were meant to sell toys, they certainly looked less juvenile. And I don't believe for a second that 0080, 0083, Char's Counterattack, F91, or 08th MS Team are Sunday morning material. This and AGE are trending younger than Gundam has before, approaching the Brave series.

Except the Brave series is awesome if you aren't obviously obsessed with portraying this arbitrary idea of militancy and don't hate fun.

Also congratulations on listing an entire series of OVA's and movies and then trying to compare them to TV series. You ever consider there's a reason those particular entries aren't on TV? I mean really think about it for a second instead of just doing your usual "Oh I am such a hardcore military fan and everything that isn't realistic and brutal is just completely beneath me".

I mean I love military anime too, it's probably my favorite motif in any form of entertainment, but god damn dude you just take it to levels where it becomes obnoxious and overbearing.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
With respect to the argument, Kaioshin, he did specify every single Gundam installment. That includes non-TV properties which I why I listed them. And not once did I say "I am an enemy of fun and all robot anime must be deathly serious, or else!" G-Gundam is cheesetastic and bordering on super robot, and it's still fantastic good fun.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
We find it funny that they have to tack this on:

Murder, She wrote:

She has a wise and reserved personality. Her chest is also “reserved.”

They just can't let it go. Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Her chest is also “reserved.”

Is that so?

Also, I see a milf.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2