• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket's Takaya to Start Liselotte & Witch's Forest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:00 am Reply with quote
Good to know Natsuki Takaya is still creating! Hope to read this someday in the future.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
I just finished re-reading 'Fruits Basket' yesterday. Good to see my sixth sense is still as sharp as ever Anime hyper

Pity 'Hoshi no Uta' hasn't been released in English yet though... I wonder why...

Anyways, I wish Takaya-sensei the best of luck with this new manga (Anime smile)
Juhachi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote
I'll definitely be out on the look for this in the future. I've been a Takaya fan since Fruits Basket, one of my first manga.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
I hope that someone licenses this, and Hoshi wa Utau! I've always adored Fruits Basket and I really want to read more of Takaya's new works.

I'm a little worried that there's some awful legal mess surrounding HwU, since with Fruits Basket's popularity you'd think it'd be a shoo-in for release here. I hope that's not the case! Sad
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
I hope that someone licenses this, and Hoshi wa Utau! I've always adored Fruits Basket and I really want to read more of Takaya's new works.

I'm a little worried that there's some awful legal mess surrounding HwU, since with Fruits Basket's popularity you'd think it'd be a shoo-in for release here. I hope that's not the case! Sad

Hoshi wa Utau probably hasn't been released because potential licensors actually read it and found out it wasn't anything special. For me it lacks a lot of the warmth and fun of FB and takes itself a little too seriously.

However, I'm still looking forward to her new project ^^
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
With Tokyopop down, hope VIZ uses their Hakuensha connections [Hakuensha is one of the partners in the Shojo Beat label] to pick up these new series. Takaya's a great cartoonist.

http://www.madman.com.au/periodicals/home/436/twinkle-stars-manga Though looks like Madman's picked up the series themselves for a May release. Had no idea about that- have they picked up any other series that haven't been released in the North American market? Wow.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
http://www.madman.com.au/periodicals/home/436/twinkle-stars-manga Though looks like Madman's picked up the series themselves for a May release. Had no idea about that- have they picked up any other series that haven't been released in the North American market? Wow.

Woah cool! The first two volumes are even already out over there. Maybe I'll look into importing if it doesn't get released here soon!

Yorozuya wrote:
Hoshi wa Utau probably hasn't been released because potential licensors actually read it and found out it wasn't anything special. For me it lacks a lot of the warmth and fun of FB and takes itself a little too seriously.

But they've already published almost all of Takaya's older stuff which ranges from unremarkably cute to downright tedious! I don't understand it!!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
Fruits Basket is my 3rd favorite manga (after Fullmetal Alchemist and 20th Century Boys), so if this gets licensed I'll definitely check it out.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Hoshi wa utau is being released in english in Singapore by Chuang yi, and I believe that it is cheaper to import from Singapore than Australia, if anybody is looking into importing HwU....

And I wasn't a fan of her Tsubasa: those with Wings series, but I've liked all her others, so hopefully Lisselotte will be intereresting
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Mmm..interesting. I wish more of her work would get animated though. I adore Fruits Basket, but I just don't have the money to buy countless manga volumes and I don't read scanlations. :\

I wish manga were cheaper, but at the speed I read, even though I enjoy rereading, I just don't have an income that allows me to blow $10+ on a book I'm going to finish in about half an hour at most. Usually less. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Songdragosa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
Myaow wrote:

However, I'm still looking forward to her new project ^^

It was my understanding that Tokyopop was in the running for licencing it, but we all know what's happened to them these days...
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
YES! I've been keeping up with Hoshi Wa Utau, but the releases are so slow that i'm loosing interest. Is it released in the US yet? I want to buy it.

Can't wait for this new series! Takaya has some great works!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1