• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where does Hayate the Combat Butler S1 finish in the manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Hey I started reading Hayate the Combat Butler manga and I also own the first season of the anime. I was wondering which chapter the first season of the anime finish off at?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
The fact I collect the manga means I can actually answer this question. *ruffles through books* Ok, each volume has about 11 "episodes", and season 2 starts at the 11th (last) chapter (episode) of volume 5. Although the 10th chapter is the one where they go on the cruise, which I think was somewhere in the middle of the anime's first season.

The anime kind of mixed some of the order of things around, as well as plenty of anime only things, which obviously don't hold much berring of things in the manga, or the second season (but was still good). Presumably same with the third season, which start really soon. Very Happy
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The first season is by no means a replacement for the manga. While it did have some manga based stories a lot of it was anime original.
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, I'm currently reading the manga and was going to watch the first season once I get around there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1