• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime [2006-02-13]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Cause there aren't enough Hentai Games made into anime that all have the same plot.
aluria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Yay, I'm glad Full Metal Panic TSR got licensed. It was definitely an excellent show maybe even better than the original. I'm definitely considering buy it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeFreak28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Why mess with Galaxy Angel II? Just why? I see nothing wrong with that title and yes, TSR is licenced, w00t. Sorta knew it would happen, but are thye gonna keep the VA's?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
VNV Clansman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I dont think its licensed...when you click on it, it brings you to the encyclepedia entry page, but all it has is this.
"[ sequel of Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (TV) ]"
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
TSR's been licensed? But it says:

The report wrote:
Moon Phase reports that a Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OAV will be released on May 26.

I didn't read anything about someone acquiring the rights for any kind of U.S. distribution for the TV series...
maus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Lets hope there will be some resolution of the story. FMP!:TSR had left quite a few storylines hanging. Is there any news about how long the OAV will be?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Success! Galaxy Angel II TV series. I kind of knew it was already going to happen because of the new video game but I'm still happy. I added the main character's names and seiyuu to the encyclopedia too. Btw, because I'm a GA freak, I want to metion that if they play the anime according to the video games, the events that take place in GA II will take place 4 years after the other animes. I'm guessing it will most likely be done in a comedic manner as with the other animes though.

AnimeFreak28 wrote:
Why mess with Galaxy Angel II? Just why?

Because Galaxy Angel is still very popular in Japan.

TSR getting licensed was obvious to me.

Edit: Hmm, my bad, apparently this is a sequel to TSR. Another Full Metal Panic!, that's actually even better then it being licensed.

Edit 2: Bah, they took the voices out that I added in the encyclopedia. I guess I can understand since they haven't officially been announced. But I can guarentee the voices will be the same in the anime, it's kind of implied here.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
daristar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
TSR's been licensed? But it says:

The report wrote:
Moon Phase reports that a Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OAV will be released on May 26.

I didn't read anything about someone acquiring the rights for any kind of U.S. distribution for the TV series...

Plus the encyclopedia page lists it as a sequel to TSR (TV), sounds like more new stuff, which is would be great IMO.
XenoCrisis0153

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Galaxy Angel II? Says it's based off of a computer game this time... so how is it going to be different from the other 4 tv seasons? Shouldn't this be Galaxy Angel V? I'm happy there's going to be another season since this show makes me LOL with each episode, but now I'm just confused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:37 pm Reply with quote
XenoCrisis0153 wrote:
Galaxy Angel II? Says it's based off of a computer game this time...

All of the Galaxy Angel animes were based on video games.

XenoCrisis0153 wrote:
so how is it going to be different from the other 4 tv seasons?

Um, new characters? It's also going to take place 4 years after the other animes. If you're interested in seeing the new characters they can be viewed here. Although I've noticed they've changed the character designs from Kanan's (who did the original character designs for the video game) to Mariko Fujita's (who does the character designs for the anime), so I'm not sure if all of these characters will appear in the new anime. The first five new Galaxy Angels are a given, but I'm not sure about the rest since these profiles were orginally for the video game and not the anime. They character designs are how they will look in the anime though. Since they switched the character designs this is the best picture I can find of Kanan's designs right now. Of course, I also have a $40 artbook with a much better picture of Kanan's designs but there's no way in hell I'm bending it in order to scan it.

XenoCrisis0153 wrote:
Shouldn't this be Galaxy Angel V?

There actually never was any Galaxy Angel II before. If you're refering to Galaxy Angel Z which is often called Galaxy Angel 2, that was never an official name. It was just a name created by fansubs and spread quickly.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
maus wrote:
Lets hope there will be some resolution of the story. FMP!:TSR had left quite a few storylines hanging. Is there any news about how long the OAV will be?

I'm sure if that information was available, then that would have been announced as well.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about the new FMP OVA. However, I'm a bit disappointed since an OVA like this is often the last thing produced for a series. I really hope it will be an animation of Dancing Very Merry Christmas and not animating more side stories.
W-General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering how this GAII anime's going to turn out. Here's hoping for non-gag serious love-comedy based off the game (i.e. it follows the style of the manga and games, rather than previous anime seasons)

Ya, you can obviously see that I'm a much bigger fan of the games than the anime. They were so well made! Especially the last one (GA: Eternal Lovers). The story was so good I almost cried Anime hyper

Oh, if anyone's interested,
Here's the official site for the game:
http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/ga2/index.html

And here's the characters:
http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/ga2/chara/index.html

Milfeulle's sister seems OK...but I'm most interested about Lily. Hooray for Tsundere girls.

It's 4 years later, so everyone from the previous game looks so old! (especially Forte :O) They all look the same though.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
I'm wondering how this GAII anime's going to turn out. Here's hoping for non-gag serious love-comedy based off the game (i.e. it follows the style of the manga and games, rather than previous anime seasons)

As much as I'd like that, I wouldn't count on it.

W-General wrote:
Ya, you can obviously see that I'm a much bigger fan of the games than the anime. They were so well made! Especially the last one (GA: Eternal Lovers). The story was so good I almost cried Anime hyper

I've only played part of the games because there's only an unfinished translation going around in English and I don't understand Japanese but I like them. They are supposed to come out with some Galaxy Angel video game in English this summer.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
For the record, this is not a licensing announcement. The license for Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid has not been announced (though it is just a matter of time, this ain't it).

maus wrote:

Personally, I'd much rather this OVA just be some short two-episode type deal that segways into a possible "Third Raid" TV series. It'd do the series a much bigger service to tease animating the next novel than trying to rush a conclusion for the entire franchise in a small handful of episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting (and hoping for) another FMP TV series, but an OVA works too, I suppose.

I've never been much of a Galaxy Angel fan, but the new series may be alright.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2