Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Haganai Film's Teaser Trailer, Visual Unveiled




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Setsura1



Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
Idk how this will turn out, but I don't know how I feel about a few things. Like making Kodaka's hair Platinum. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11572
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of any live action so will pass on this but I do have to say that the PV was catchy to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 2062
Location: Tokyo, Japan
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Setsura1 wrote:
Idk how this will turn out, but I don't know how I feel about a few things. Like making Kodaka's hair Platinum. Razz


Exactly. He's half-American, not half alien.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Little_Hawk



Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 357
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote
I saw tits. Must be Sena.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not a fan of live actions either and this looks meh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northlander



Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 799
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
Is the character in the bottom left supposed to be Kodaka?

Edit: Oh, lordy, it is. Yyyeah, that doesn't look like him at all.


Last edited by Northlander on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Takamachi Ryoko



Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 332
Location: 東京, 日本
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
Yozora looks fine but Kosaka on the poster just screams Justin Bieber for me. Hope he'll look better in the actual live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Little_Hawk



Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 357
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:39 am Reply with quote
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
Yozora looks fine but Kosaka on the poster just screams Justin Bieber for me. Hope he'll look better in the actual live.


It's Kodaka.

Yozora is hot by the way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikuRockShooterMk2



Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Location: New York City
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
man....sometimes I wish "Live action" didn't exist..... there are only like a handful that are done decently. and I love this show so I don't want to see it get ruined. just give me a season 3 please Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R315r4z0r



Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 702
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote
...what is this... I don't even...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Melicans



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 407
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I love the series. I'll give it a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
EastN3



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I think the director got blonde and platinum mixed up. And I agree, live action renditions of anime/manga/light novels are almost universally bad. I shudder to imagine what the live action Attack on Titan movie will look like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teferi



Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 394
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
MikuRockShooterMk2 wrote:
man....sometimes I wish "Live action" didn't exist..... there are only like a handful that are done decently. and I love this show so I don't want to see it get ruined. just give me a season 3 please Smile


Oh give me a break these don't affect you or how you enjoy the anime adaptations unless you're crazy.

Quote:
I think the director got blonde and platinum mixed up. And I agree, live action renditions of anime/manga/light novels are almost universally bad. I shudder to imagine what the live action Attack on Titan movie will look like.


That has less to do with the fact they're adapting a light novel/anime/manga and more to do with how campy Japanese dramas are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EastN3



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
MikuRockShooterMk2 wrote:
man....sometimes I wish "Live action" didn't exist..... there are only like a handful that are done decently. and I love this show so I don't want to see it get ruined. just give me a season 3 please Smile


Oh give me a break these don't affect you or how you enjoy the anime adaptations unless you're crazy.

Quote:
I think the director got blonde and platinum mixed up. And I agree, live action renditions of anime/manga/light novels are almost universally bad. I shudder to imagine what the live action Attack on Titan movie will look like.


That has less to do with the fact they're adapting a light novel/anime/manga and more to do with how campy Japanese dramas are.


I agree on both points. One, it doesn't matter if live action productions are made, chances are most Western fans aren't gonna watch them. In Hanagai's case, I only like to read the light novels, so I don't watch the show, and I won't watch the film.

Secondly, you're right, Japanese dramas as a whole tend to suck. I'm not saying that America has all great shows, but some of them (Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Breaking Bad) have no equal in Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kakashi2407



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
So Kodaka can have blonde/platinum hair, but not Sena....sorry but I know Sena for her Blue Butterfly and Blonde hair, and it would be kinda awkward other wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group