• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dir en Grey to Open for Korn

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiriska

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Withering to death has not released in North America last month, the release date was pushed back from March to April and now stands at May 16th, 2006.

Source: WARCON
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Anime dazed My two favorite bands... together... kya~ Does anybody know where they are going (like what cities/states?) and how much the cost is? I would love to go.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I wish they'd stop doing that. All the magazines they sent promos to for reviews already have reviewed the cd, and had the previous release date, so the people who were slightly intrested in it at all have already forgotten about it.

DarkTenshi90 wrote:
Anime dazed My two favorite bands... together... kya~ Does anybody know where they are going (like what cities/states?) and how much the cost is? I would love to go.

The link gave the following cities, with more to be added, and a "lawn ticket" price of about 9.99 so far. nothing's official yet.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Alpine Valley, Wisconsin
Atlanta
Boston
Camden, New Jersey
Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
Dallas
Darien, Connecticut
Denver
Detroit
Hartford, Connecticut
Holmdel, New Jersey
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City, Missouri
Nashville
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Raleigh, North Carolina
Sacramento, California
San Antonio
San Bernardino, California
Saratoga, New York
St. Louis
Toronto
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wantagh, New York
Washington, D.C.
West Palm Beach, Florida
VOX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Cool to see some Japanese bands get some great exposure. Especially something other than J-Pop. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Dir En Grey's last album was supposed to be their final one. Wasn't it called "Final" too.
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote
No the latest album is called Withering To Death but there is a song called "The Final" on it.
malikchan17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Rather pissed they're skipping California almost entirely. Because I love the Diru, but I cannot afford a trip up to the northern part of the state.

I guess Jonathan Davis doesn't feel his hometown of Bakersfield is worthy of him either.

I dislike you Jonathan Davis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kiriska

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, Dir en grey has no plans to stop any time soon.

They had a 2004 single called "THE FINAL", but that's just the name of a song (about suicide, so yeah). THE FINAL was included in Withering to death. They have their 2005 live tour DVD coming out end of July.

Rumors are going for another album in the fall, but nothing's confirmed yet.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote
VOX wrote:
Cool to see some Japanese bands get some great exposure. Especially something other than J-Pop.

J-rock as always had more mainstream American exposure then j-pop has, whereas in the fan community (at least, the way I see it) it's the other way around, or about equal, depending on where you look.

Personally, I can't stand Dir en Grey ro Korn (but I especially can't stand "Diru") so I don't really care. Now, when Ellegarden come to America, then I was excited. But of course Diru is going to be in DC, when the closest Ellegarden cam was to Pennsylvania in the middle of the week. -_-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
People still listen to Korn? I thought one of the singers found Jesus.
crescendoll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I am absolutely hitting the San Antonio concert (if they end up hitting a closer city, so much the better). Anything to catch Diru live. As for Korn...well, no one says I have to stay for the whole thing.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Sooo...that automatically rules out his ability to perform? Damn, this forum is just filled to the brim with religion hate lately.

Anywho....XD DEG IN MY HOMETOWN ZOMG.

*cough*

Sorry, I couldn't help it. My brain just exploded into a million little pieces of joy.

Quote:
Rather pissed they're skipping California almost entirely. Because I love the Diru, but I cannot afford a trip up to the northern part of the state.

Um, Deg played an amazing show in LA less than a month ago. You Californians are pratically spoiled as far as American J-rock concerts go, so don't go complaining.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't trashing religion. I was just surprised they found a replacement so soon.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Korn only has one singer, and that's Johnathan Davis. The person who left was the guitarist, Head. Korn's still alive and thriving, and continuing to sell out shows everywhere. Guitarist are easy to replace, especially when they don't have anything too special about their playing, which Head was no exception. Now if they lost their bassist Fieldy, that would be a shame.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Kinda surprised Korn has their own ann profile. HOW THE HELL CAN THEY SKIP CHICAGO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yunacat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
KoRN, Deftones, AND DIRU!!! X3 I'm so happy! I'm in my super duper duper happy place now, especially knowing it comes where i live on July 27th!! (i'm about 1-2hours away, but still.. > >)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2