• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Compile Heart Introduces Fairy Fencer F RPG's Main Lead in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote
Shocked

That looks sick! I really want to give this game a try now! Very Happy
Gray.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
It's Choujigen Game Neptune with diferent characters. There's even some kind o transformation in this game too. Razz
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
two hot guys in a hot-spring Shocked ... well now it's nice to see equal opportunity fan-service lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Yep. Looks like this game turned out to just be the usual from these developers. Such a shame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Yep. Looks like this game turned out to just be the usual from these developers. Such a shame.

You realize from the start they made this brand to develop games FOR Japan, right? It was funny how people thought this game would be some Western pandering game when it was always going to be for Japanese otaku in the first place.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

You realize from the start they made this brand to develop games FOR Japan, right? It was funny how people thought this game would be some Western pandering game when it was always going to be for Japanese otaku in the first place.
Yep that's exactly why I was disappointed, because I expected a jrpg to be a wrpg. Had nothing do with the connection of 2 huge FF(get this a jrpg sereis!) staff members.

They got big respectable names. Made a big deal about making games for Japan to the point that they made a new label.

And.....

then they make a game that looks exactly like what they make already....so what was the point? What was the point of getting these big names if you're still going to appeal to you're already pre-sold audience that you already have without these big names? What was the point of making a whole new label if it's just going to be you're usual niche otaku bait stuff? When they said "games for Japan" I thought well gee maybe that will mean all of Japan, not some niche you already sell to. No I didn't want some western game, I'm not sure where you got that idea from. I wanted a Japanese rpg and I'm not sure if you know this, but Japan is more then just otaku bait stuff, it's not even what sells big there. I thought hey maybe they are going to make an at least Tales level series here.

But I was wrong to expect anything from IF and Compile Heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
They wanted to send a message that they weren't happy with the Japanese gaming industry making more and more games for the West and taking game elements and art out of their games that make Japanese games Japanese. They decided to make a specific label that are Japanese games for Japanese people, instead of making games that don't even feel Japanese anymore that are trying to pick up foreign audiences, like Capcom, Konami, SquareEnix, etc.

Basically, you have to remember that Compile Heart is a studio led by otaku. They're going to make otaku stuff and dislike other Japanese companies going away from otaku stuff just like any other of their kind.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't even kniw what you think "feels Japanese" means.

I find that complaint to be extrmley exagretad.

Most of Konami's internal console development goes to Metal Gear Solid, something that really hasn't changed tones since well it's orgin. I'm not sure how it dosen't feel Japanese. What else was there, Neverdead? Hell get Konami of the early 90s on the phone, their games aren't Japanese either.

Square's internal games look, sound, and play like Japanese games.None of the FF games have had any western influnce on gameplay, art, music, story, ect. Oh noez I guess open levels are a western influence. Someone tell DQVIII it's too western. Lets not even talk about their handheld games or arcade games. Oh noez they have Edios games, how dare they!

Capcom has probably dabbled the most in giving it's series western make overs, but don't act like they don't make Japanese playing games. Dragon's Dogma plays nothing like a western game and apparently Japanese fans at that up. They made that Lost Planet spin-off no one wanted. Resident Evil basically looks like it always has, it's just gotten more actiony which is something I'm not sure Japanese fans are against. Besides they still make MH, a game that only Japanese developers would make.

RyanSaotome wrote:

Basically, you have to remember that Compile Heart is a studio led by otaku. They're going to make otaku stuff and dislike other Japanese companies going away from otaku stuff just like any other of their kind.
Fine, makes it easier to ignore them.

And why would they be mad or care about other companies not doing something they've never done....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1