• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - July 1st - July 7th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey LB, just because FUNi's distributing Spider Riders doesn't mean that Gonzo animated it. Wink

Hint: it was Bee Train
InuyashaMilk1717

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
Brian Hanson, you are a HILARIOUS man.
loplop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Macross Plus and Eiken in the same week on the same channel. WTF was someone thinking. I am a big fan of fan-service, but Eiken has to be one of the worse animes I've ever seen. I still can't believe that J.C. Staff did the animation for that series, they must have been desperate that week for work . . . .
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Brobdingnagian
Thank you for the new vocabulary

adj 1: huge; relating to or characteristic of the imaginary country of Brobdingnag [syn: Brobdingnagian] 2: unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope; "huge government spending"; "huge country estates"; "huge popular demand for higher education"; "a huge wave"; "the Los Angeles aqueduct winds like an immense snake along the base of the mountains"; "immense numbers of birds"; "at vast (or immense) expense"; "the vast reaches of outer space"; "the vast accumulation of knowledge...which we call civilization"

Oh and welcome back Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
One significance of Spider Riders is that it's being run on TeleToon, a station that at one time said it would not run anime. Though it might not be a great show, it could open up an avenue for more anime on TeleToon. And to be fair, some of the episodes that are now airing in Canada are better than the first ones. Compared to what TeleToon often runs (and what many grew up with), it's not that bad, though one should remember that it is made for 8-12 year olds. It's that group which will determine how good the show is.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
I tried watching Spider Riders awhile back when it first aired on Kids' WB, but something about kids/teens riding on top of giant spiders fighting evil just seemed to turn me off....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
One significance of Spider Riders is that it's being run on TeleToon, a station that at one time said it would not run anime. Though it might not be a great show, it could open up an avenue for more anime on TeleToon. And to be fair, some of the episodes that are now airing in Canada are better than the first ones. Compared to what TeleToon often runs (and what many grew up with), it's not that bad, though one should remember that it is made for 8-12 year olds. It's that group which will determine how good the show is.

It still doesn't seem to be opening any doors to the station acquiring shows as opposed to co-producing them. I mean, it would be really nice if Teletoon could pick up a few younger skewing titles to keep YTV from oversaturating their schedule with them which, as we've all recently seen, is becoming a bit of a problem with their CanCon requirements and all.

The big problem is that the station still refuses to air anime on The Detour. But hey, maybe FUNi could work out a deal to get Tsubasa in the earlier hours, or something.
rabble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Eiken! Man, I am so there. One of the best shows EVER!
Stormrider
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I know it's late, but IFC premiered Samurai 7 episode 14, "The Offering", this morning at 8:30am (central) after Rashomon. I don't think it's going to be a regular slot, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

BTW, why no mention of the Funimation block on Colours?
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I was going to complain about Cybertron still having 1 new episode which should air at 1:30pm Next Saturday ending the series first run unless YTV Decides to air the second half of the first Episode called "Fallen".
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I laughed for like 10 minutes on your hilarious opening.

BTW Brian, I was flipping through the listings this mourning and saw Magical DoReMi on one of the Fox channels (FOXS I think), at 9:30am (GMT-6). I don't think a whole lot of people care, but I just wanted to let you know.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:

BTW Brian, I was flipping through the listings this mourning and saw Magical DoReMi on one of the Fox channels (FOXS I think), at 9:30am (GMT-6). I don't think a whole lot of people care, but I just wanted to let you know.

4KidsTV is a syndicated block, so the times will vary depending on whenever the station decides to air them. Certain stations decide to play them on Sundays, others will air them at ungodly times such as 5 a.m. or somesuch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
I tried watching Spider Riders awhile back when it first aired on Kids' WB, but something about kids/teens riding on top of giant spiders fighting evil just seemed to turn me off....

I've never watched it that much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Wonder how much trouble Encore Action is going to get into for airing Eiken?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:

4KidsTV is a syndicated block, so the times will vary depending on whenever the station decides to air them. Certain stations decide to play them on Sundays, others will air them at ungodly times such as 5 a.m. or somesuch.
Sorry, I didn't know that, but thanks for pointing it out. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2