• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soulcalibur II HD Online's Nightmare vs. Ivy Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"Link, The Legend of Zelda series protagonist, will not be returning."

Shouldn't this say something like "Link, The Legend of Zelda series protagonist featured in the Nintendo GameCube version, will not be returning."? The way it's worded right now almost makes it sound like Link was just there to the uninformed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
I suppose it has dual audio like in the original version? If so, then I'll totally buy a downloadable copy from the American store.
Space Butler XIII

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
So did Nintendo just completely drop the ball on getting this for the Wii U? Or is there something else going on as to why this game isn't getting released for a Nintendo console?

I remember playing as Link being a real selling point for GameCube owners that I knew, back when this game was originally released. You'd think Nintendo would take advantage of that exclusive content for the HD remake, but they haven't really been to smart about marketing lately.
se37

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Space Butler XIII wrote:
So did Nintendo just completely drop the ball on getting this for the Wii U? Or is there something else going on as to why this game isn't getting released for a Nintendo console?

They said the "official" reason is because there isn't enough fans asking for it, which is complete bull if you ask me since the Gamecube version sold the best out of the three and the "user base" was roughly the same as the Wii U. I think Namco is just like the other 3rd Party companies and that they hate Nintendo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I like the "No nintendo version because 3rd party devs have ~20 years of pent-up Nintendo hate" theory. I was thinking that it might be because the Nintendo Wii isn't really an HD console (though this isn't really an HD game) and developing for the Wii U is still expensive, uncharted territory.

But I could believe the Nintendo-hate theory.

I didn't like Link as he was such a cheap character in the game (and wasn't made in the game's artstyle) but I don't remember ever playing the other 2 versions of the game; the gamecube version was truly the definitive version of Soul Calibur II. I'm still saddened that SCIII wasn't on GC.
se37

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
I like the "No nintendo version because 3rd party devs have ~20 years of pent-up Nintendo hate" theory. I was thinking that it might be because the Nintendo Wii isn't really an HD console (though this isn't really an HD game) and developing for the Wii U is still expensive, uncharted territory.

But I could believe the Nintendo-hate theory.

The only reason I say that is because 3rd Parties are already loading up the other 8th Gen systems and they are not even released yet but put crap, year old ports or missing features on the Wii U and then complain that it doesn't sell well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1