• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2006 - Geneon Entertainment

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Come on Franz Ferdinand! We wanna! Laughing
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fate/stay night
DVD delayed until December
24 eps over 6 volumes

Good to know that Geneon is going to try to spread this across 7 dvds. I can't wait for the first volume to be released, at least now I have things to add to my Xmas list.

Quote:
Ergo Proxy
DVD on November 21
Director from Witch Hunter Robin
Scriptwriter from Samurai Champloo, Eureka 7
US Producer from Hellsing Ultimate

A pre-thanksgiving gift for me! I am so exciting to see how this series turns out. Definetly one of the series that I am so exitied to see on DVD, also Nov 21 that pretty fast consider the anime is still running in Japan. Good work Geneon
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I had suspected Fate/Stay Night got delayed. I don't really mind though, as I have enough on my plate at the moment.
potassium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
No Jigoku Shoujo or TMoHS yet?

Still holding out.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote
potassium wrote:
No Jigoku Shoujo or TMoHS yet?

Still holding out.

Yeah, I am shocked that Geneon hasn't licensed Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) yet. That anime has Geneon written all over it. TMoHS also would be a good fit for Geneon, but it would also fit in ADV and FUNimation's portfolio, and I can definitely see a bidding war over it considering its popularity in Japan and on fansubs over here.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Come on Franz Ferdinand! We wanna! Laughing

Ditto. The song just fits the show perfectly. "Do You Want To" go to heights you've never dreamed about? I don't think Geneon could replace the song with something as good as Franz.

(Just finished watching the show [all in one day]; and I thought it was fantastic.)
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Kholdstare wrote:

Yeah, I am shocked that Geneon hasn't licensed Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) yet. That anime has Geneon written all over it.

In due time I bet it will happen. Don't forget Geneon just licensed several projects, so they might take a break while they get those series. And also they need to find out if their licenses are making money before they go out there to get more shows.

Kholdstare wrote:
TMoHS also would be a good fit for Geneon, but it would also fit in ADV and FUNimation's portfolio, and I can definitely see a bidding war over it considering its popularity in Japan and on fansubs over here.

The studio that does Melancholy said that they were contacted by many studios about that show.....basically it's appear that their going to wait for more dough.......the same thing can be said with the manga/novels. But unlike Hell girl which still has a chance of not being licensed, Melancholy is a sure fire, it's all depends on $$$$.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear that Geneon is releasing Ergo Proxy. I don't know much about it, but from what I have seen it does look interesting.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I too am excited about Ergo Proxy, I have heard good things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
The studio that does Melancholy said that they were contacted by many studios about that show.....basically it's appear that their going to wait for more dough.......the same thing can be said with the manga/novels. But unlike Hell girl which still has a chance of not being licensed, Melancholy is a sure fire, it's all depends on $$$$

"Sure fire" meaning "it will get licensed?" That may well be true, but then again, the Japanese may have an asking price too high for anyone, even as a loss-leader title. There are titles out there that folks thought would be licensed, but for whatever reason, still remain unlicensed.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
If that was the case, I don't think they would even be getting offers.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
I e-mailed Domino Records (Franz Ferdinand's label) about the usage the of the song. They had no idea what I was asking about (they even thought I was part of the band's management). Maybe if more people asked them they'll allow the song no problem.
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I e-mailed Domino Records (Franz Ferdinand's label) about the usage the of the song. They had no idea what I was asking about (they even thought I was part of the band's management). Maybe if more people asked them they'll allow the song no problem.

... woah... for some reason, that doesn't sound good.

But, I could be wrong, I mean, I don't know how it works.

(Optimism!)
Yuukichan's Papa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I can only assume that the "DVD, CD, DVD/CD combo" referred to in the Shana listing means that the soundtrack or music cd of some sort will be included in one of the packages. Still no explicit word on whether or not there'll be a box, but I guess if my first assumption is right, a box is a good possibility...

It's also comforting to see a totally confirmed release date for Ergo Proxy. I'd been watching the fansubs (yes, despite it being licensed) but have since stopped, so I'm eager to pick it back up as it was a very promising series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
That's what it means.

It doesn't look like there will be a box. It wasn't mentioned, and TRSI is already taking orders for volume 2 and there is no v1+box listed.

Well, I suppose there is a possibility of the last volume coming with a box. They did it for Starship Operators and are doing it for Strawberry Marshmallow (although those are both 3 volume releases) and they did it for R.O.D. the TV (7 volumes). I'm not counting on it though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2