• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Namco Posts Another Madoka Magica x Umaibo Snack Parody Film Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sango chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
..........lol....I don't know what to even say about that.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote
This second one is TOO good to pass up translating, so let me get to it:

Kyuubey: "Yaa, I'm Kyuubey. Long time no see." (TN: Yaa is Kansai dialect for "hey")
Kyouko: "What in the world ARE you?"
Kyuubey: "I'm Kyuubey."
Kyouko: "But you have teeth showing..."

Kyuubey: "I'm Kyuubey. I'm searching for the natural food energy created from Umaibo.
Sayaka: "And he's wearing weird glasses, too! He's definitely suspicious!"
Homura: "He's Kyuubey... I'm the only one who remembered."

Homura: "Namco x Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: The Movie [New Chapter] Rebellion Story's campaign lasts until November 20th. That's right. The only place you can get Umaibo is, right now, Namco alone."
Sayaka: "Cheese flavor and Beef Tongue flavor... They DO exist!"
Kyuubey: "There are salted bamboo, too." (TN: He uses "de" at the end of his sentence, which is Kansai dialect again)
Kyouko: "No there ain't!"
Sayaka: "WAIT A SEC! He's using Kansai dialect!"
Kyuubey: "Oops, I bit my tongue." (TN: ...also in Kansai dialect)
Sayaka: "Ugh... HEY!"

Homura: "I... I've made a huge mistake!"

[END]

--I don't know enough about the mascot Umaibo characters, but Kyuubey is definitely meant to look like a specific one. Can anyone tell me if he speaks Kansai dialect? That might be why Kyuubey seems to have changed character a little.

--And on a final Translator's Note, I could be wrong, but the "Oops, I bit my tongue" part is done with a SHAFT head tilt, and though it's spoken in Kansai dialect, I have a HUGE feeling it's a shout-out to Monogatari's Hachikuji Mayoi, who shares Kyuubey's voice actress, for whenever she does that skit with the "Oops, I bit my tongue!" line.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote
Loved this one, just as I did the first trailer. Thanks as always for your translation work, Juno!

I think one of the most wonderfully random parts of an already random flash animation trailer, though, was the inexplicable appearance of a dopey-faced green elephant that's only appeared during Walpurgisnacht's arrival in the series' penultimate episode (unless the third Madoka film somehow makes room for him, hah).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Loved this one, just as I did the first trailer. Thanks as always for your translation work, Juno!

I think one of the most wonderfully random parts of an already random flash animation trailer, though, was the inexplicable appearance of a dopey-faced green elephant that's only appeared during Walpurgisnacht's arrival in the series' penultimate episode (unless the third Madoka film somehow makes room for him, hah).

I haven't heard anything about Walpurgisnacht being in the movie and my girlfriend said she doesn't remember seeing her in the movie, either, but I do remember seeing a quick clip of Ultimate Madoka from a trailer or something, where parts of the parade, including this elephant, appear. No idea in what context, though. =P
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1