• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Gets Raiden Side Mission for Xbox Systems

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Here come the people complaining about David Hayter not being Snake.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
exclusives are the worst things ever
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Well now I know which version of the game I'm getting! Raiden FTW!
Panon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I kind of hope this and the Sony equivalent are timed exclusives that the other console gets at some point in the future. I'd much prefer having Raiden over low-poly Snake but nothing on this Earth could make me get an Xbone.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Don't have plans for an Xbox but Raiden is so tempting
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah heard about this, I hoped this is timed exclusive, if it's not well no biggy for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reaper2975

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
I wish they would add the option to hear the game with japanese voice actors in the english version.
naninanino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 am Reply with quote
Uhh... this is getting a bit complicated. Two games and both system to have exclusive content? I like my gaming franchises best when they're straight to the point and relatively self-contained. DLCs, timed content, integrated multiplayer and web-features take these things further and further away. I kind of feel like the kids in the end of the recent South Park episodes. I just don't really care about all this stuff anymore, especially when there are hundreds of cheap or even free classic games to play if I want to. Also many big titles are a generation late and have kind of lost the hype I once had for them. Seriously speaking, I'm only looking forward to what the new Monolith Soft game for Wii U is going to be like (and maybe Zelda).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
It's pretty much like any other whole new game that's exclusive to one system and not the others. Just treat it like that, and your mind will be calmer for it: it's an exclusive entirely separate game for the Xbox and not the PS, just like there are exclusive entire games for the PS and not the Xbox. See, now nobody has a problem with that.

(Or wait for the PC version.)
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Reaper2975 wrote:
I wish they would add the option to hear the game with japanese voice actors in the english version.

Why? This game, as with Rising was recorded in English FIRST. It's not even like the MGS1-4, where Japanese was recorded first or simultaneously. Two, it's a video game, y'know, therefore gameplay must take precedence. What business does voice acting have with gaming? Tell me a single good thing voice acting does for gaming, because if you look objectively, there isn't a single good thing it does.

Anyways, this franchise has sucked since Solid. Even the original two and the NES games were better since they focused more on gameplay and design than graphics, shitty cutscenes, storytelling and "deepness" or whatever.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Laughing

ReverseTitan wrote:
What business does voice acting have with gaming? Tell me a single good thing voice acting does for gaming, because if you look objectively, there isn't a single good thing it does.

Immersion? Rolling Eyes

Besides, t's not like English is everyones native language. Why is it bad to wish that a game has a second language option, appreciating other languages can't be bad right?
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Two, it's a video game, y'know, therefore gameplay must take precedence.

Can you not understand the simple concept that people like many diffrent aspects that go into a game. That people evulate and respond to different things?

Are you dense? You keep spouting this BS and refuse to understand that games have moved from simple score attack whatever things for better or worse. MGS is not Pac Man. A rpg is not Pac Man. Get this through your thick skull. These products push more then just their gameplay. A MGS game is going to have tons of detail, dialogue, and story telling that will for some(not you I guess) make the game better. If you take away MGS's unique personality which comes through it's art design, dialogue, and story you don't MGS even if it played the same. What don't you understand about this simple concept.

Jesus are you just a fool. You say this about every game even jrpgs. FREAKING GAMES WHO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT STORY or CHARACTERS. Do you not understand that with some of these games that is a huge aspect. MGS is one of those games.

Many things can raise a game up to bigger heights. It's not just a simple "what is the gameplay" question. I don't understand how you don't understand this. Of course, you're going to twist this into "well gameplay is king, if a game has bad gameplay then i'ts bad". Things don't work in such black and white matters, not when it comes to taste on how you respond to things. Really all that matters is that a game is'nt broken.

I don't care about the Dynasty Warrior's games. Many other people enjoy beat em up part. To me they are too simple. To others thats a positive.

Nier's gameplay was nothing great to talk home about. For some though it was enough not to hinder their enjoyment of the story and bleak world.

Grand Theft Auto 5 has decent shooting at best. Everything that surrounds it from the worlds detail, the characters, the writing, the other game mechanics make that irrelevant. And you know what if those characters did'nt have voice, then yes a huge chunk of that game wouldn't work.
Quote:

What business does voice acting have with gaming? Tell me a single good thing voice acting does for gaming
Helped with world immersion and if the game so wants it, movie like quality productions. Just because you don't care about these things, doesn't mean everyone doesn't care.

Quote:
if you look objectively, there isn't a single good thing it does.
If you stop looking like a freaking moron like you do, then you'd see that games can be perceived and liked many different ways. Some people like having their rpg characters respond to them and have a voice, because they care about the characters. Which you know is a huge point of a rpg.

Some just like the world they are exploring in a open world game feel more alive, which you know is an important part of an open friggin world game.

Even the original two and the NES games[/quote]You've never played them have you? Snakes Revenge is an awful game. MG2 is basically MGS1. It even has butloads of story. The nes version of MG1 is a mess.

Quote:
were better since they focused more on gameplay and design than graphics, shitty cutscenes, storytelling and "deepness" or whateve
Man you've never played the MSX games have you. It's even funny that you say this. I doubt you've actually played MGS games. Because anyone who's played a MGS game would know that outside of say MGS2(which btw has the best gameplay of the old MGS1 style, so don't even make this crappy gameplay argument) the series has not cheapened out on the gameplay. MGS3 is chock full of gameplay. It probably has the most content of any MGS game. Even 4 brings MGS gameplay up to modern standards. They have never stopped caring about gameplay.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. Please stop posting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1