• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Attack on Titan Theme Ranks #2 Karaoke Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Damn, people still sing evangelion?
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
suprememoonempress wrote:

I'm surprised as well, even though I love that song.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
FLAZE35 wrote:
suprememoonempress wrote:

I'm surprised as well, even though I love that song.

In my experience it's really the only thing the average Japanese person knows about Evangelion. It's a really well-known song over here.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Incidentally I always sing 80% of the list when I'm going karaoke with my friends.
Cruel Angel Thesis is like a legendary song there. Even I liked that song before I even started watching Eva.

Guren no Yumiya is also a strong one, even though sometimes I can't hold my laughter when I realize the melody is similar to Tay Zonday's Chocolate Rain Laughing
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Thrilled to see Road of Major on here. Kokoro e is an awesome song. And also glad to see Touch though that was expected.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
When I used to go with a few groups of friends in Japan, they never failed to bring up Butter-Fly, Connect, Cruel Angel's Thesis, and Sobakasu. Every. Single. Time. And one of them actually doesn't usually watch anime, but she got into Bakemonogatari because I sang Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari and the karaoke video (which compiled footage from the anime) was so well-done, like an MAD, she was fascinated by the animation. She also happens to like Madoka, too, so it helped that it looked similar. =P

Not on the list, but also popular with my friends were Cha-la Head-cha-la (Dragonball Z) and We Are! (One Piece). And when I was with an otaku friend and his group of otaku friends back in 2008, we ended up singing a whole string of Key game openings and Haruhi songs. The first song I sang then was Byakuya ~True Light~, and from there, they kept asking me to sing other songs they hoped I knew. Anime hyper

...I miss karaoke... I love singing, so it's a shame we don't have private karaoke rooms here like they do in Japan. At least, not near where I live...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1