• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, May 4-10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
The four Attack on Titan volumes on this list have spent a combined 80 weeks on the charts, and AoT #1 is just 4 weeks away from completing they yearlong sweep. In-freaking-credible.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow I must be out of the loop because I did not realize monster musume was popular. But seven seas is pretty cool so good for them.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
You gotta be kidding me? Shocked I just managed to get a copy through ILL. I finished reading it yesterday and sent it back. I will have to admit I found myself laughing quite a bit. In a way this title kind of takes me back to the fantasy silliness of the 'Elven Bride's manga, which sadly was never finished by Kazuma-G or G-Kazuma. While I'm not a big fan of "harem" manga or anime, I'll watch it occasionally if it grabs my attention. I will admit it's an interesting take on the "harem" genre. Of course getting through the usually tropes, of "petanko's" to massive mammaries I couldn't help but find myself charmed in the same guilty pleasure way that I've been charmed before on stuff of this nature. I could see this animated as 12 part TV series or OVA. But now I want to read more but not many libraries carry it or loan out their new stuff. I also want to read 'Life as a Centaur'. I do have to admit haven't seem much material like since the days of Johji Manabe.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
So I guess it was good timing for Seven Seas to release Monster Musume. As Rosario+Vampire Season 2 is ending. So now Monster Musume can take the spot as the monster harem manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1