• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trigger's Inō Battle with Everyday Life Slated for October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmm and it's by Studio Trigger. Might check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
About Inou Battle from Kill La Kill's Hiromi Wakabayashi:
Quote:
Said Wakabayashi, "Yes, we can do cute girls, too. The next series is going to be all about kawaii." He mentioned later that the series had, "an older sister type, a loli type… we have all of them," adding with a laugh, "the loli one, that's my favorite character."

Very Happy
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
Reading a chapter of it's manga version, aside from me being an overexcited twat at a Gash Bell reference (seeing that series get mentioned anywhere in a positive light always lights me up for some reason) I don't see anything particularly interesting about it. I like the dynamic of the two main male and female characters but the rest are 'meh' to me.

It'll be curious to see how Trigger decides to handle this, since they basically called this a "cute girls" series. Sofar, I like to think they're being Irreverent.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
I'm very doubtful if I should watch this or not. I mean, I love Trigger, but LN adaptions have for the most part sucked and I lost pretty much all motivation to try another one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
It'll be curious to see how Trigger decides to handle this, since they basically called this a "cute girls" series. Sofar, I like to think they're being Irreverent.

This is the same thinking that all Gainax series were wacky crazy zany action! when most of their adaptations were pretty uninspired or at least very unlike their original series. Why shouldn't it just be a straight adaptation, why the "it's gotta be different because Trigger is different"? I'd say the only studio/director that really imparts their own kind of image upon their adaptations is SHAFT via Shinbou.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
They showed some new character art from Inou Battle in a recent poster at AX I think, and the designs looked to be a pretty big departure from the original LN-style artwork. So I'm a bit interested, though I have my reservations.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Well, the premise sounds funny, why not?
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope this does well for them! I'm glad that Trigger is getting so much work, it feels like only yesterday it was founded! And also that they're willing to try all kinds of different projects and be unpredictable. Make that $$$, Trigger!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

This is the same thinking that all Gainax series were wacky crazy zany action! when most of their adaptations were pretty uninspired or at least very unlike their original series. Why shouldn't it just be a straight adaptation, why the "it's gotta be different because Trigger is different"? I'd say the only studio/director that really imparts their own kind of image upon their adaptations is SHAFT via Shinbou.

Fair point (though I will admit I'm not really that familiar about the shows made by Gainax).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote
Basically, Gainax originals and Gainax adaptations were worlds apart. That a show was made by Gainax meant nothing unless it was their own, except a possible exception to Abenobashi or Mahoromatic, maybe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1