• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masaaki Yuasa's Kick-Heart Film Added to Vimeo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
Vimeo won't accept my friggin' code. This is irritating as hell. Mad
Tratious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Vimeo won't accept my friggin' code. This is irritating as hell. Mad
copy and past,e and then hit the space bar to add a gap and then select add. It should now work. I was having trouble with it and I did that and it worked.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
That's cool. $2 to own it is cheaper than the $15 BD. But sometimes it's better to have something to hold. We got our copy so I'll have to check it out eventually.

*On a side note I didn't even know I had seen this guys work. I had a feeling the style looked familiar. Kemonozume. Now that's series I would like to see released on DVD, but it's so niche I know it won't happen. But one can dream.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Typed in the promo code and...

Really? $0.00 and Vimeo still wants a credit card number? Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Typed in the promo code and...

Really? $0.00 and Vimeo still wants a credit card number? Neutral

That's the world we live in, deal with it (like I had 15 years ago). Of course at the moment the only card viable I have to use is from Paypal but it gets me by.
db5007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to hear you are having trouble redeeming your codes. Please send us an message:

[email protected]

Please specify what email address you would like to have the code sent to. We will send you a free download link to the film.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
I managed to get the promo code to apply, but my order isn't being accepted for some reason...plus Vimeo has managed to save my credit card info three different times despite my leaving the box to do so unchecked. Real great setup they have going on.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
db5007 wrote:
Sorry to hear you are having trouble redeeming your codes. Please send us an message:

[email protected]

Please specify what email address you would like to have the code sent to. We will send you a free download link to the film.

Thank you for the screener. While I was able to watch the film, the subtitles option didn't work for me, so unfortunately I wasn't able to understand a single word anyone was saying. Sad

This whole thing is complete bullshit. Not only is Vimeo not accepting my code, but I've uploaded two credit cards onto their site and it's not accepting either of them. What's worse is that one of my cards is showing two separate charges for a dollar each, and yet they *still* won't let me download the freakin' movie.

I've checked with both credit card companies. There is absolutely *NOTHING* wrong with my accounts. This whole thing is entirely the fault of Vimeo and their piece of shit website. If the creators intended to have the video be free for a limited time anyways, they could've just put it up on YouTube for a few days. Or preferably, they could've sold the physical bluray disc at more than just one obscure online store that almost immediately sold out. Now the only place to buy the damn thing is through Amazon Marketplace, and there's no way in the blue blazes of hell I'm spending $39.99 for a 12 minute short.

This entire situation has pissed me off immensely. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a spoiled brat, but I just want to watch the friggin' film and be able to understand it. Is that TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?! Mad
db5007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Hello SpacemanHardy-

Sorry to hear the subtitles didn't work. When I play the film it does appear to have the available subtitles. Perhaps the subtitles feature is not available for the screener on VHX.tv? If so, that would be very unfortunate. I will look into it with VHX.tv

Anyhow, I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. We will investigate on our end and find out what happened.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1