• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty cool poster.

Even with the kinda weird pilot uniforms/visors as discussed in previous topics, I'm still really looking forward to this.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Ahh its that time of the year again!

I'm looking forward to Cross Ange, although I've heard some impressions from people who've seen the first episode, and from what I understand its a mix of high level story telling with bottom of the barrel fanservice. Which is unfortunate, but shouldn't prevent the series from being unwatchable.
eragon2890

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

I'm looking forward to Cross Ange, although I've heard some impressions from people who've seen the first episode, and from what I understand its a mix of high level story telling with bottom of the barrel fanservice. Which is unfortunate, but shouldn't prevent the series from being unwatchable.

Awesome! Those are the best, a good story and some sexy fanservice pantsu shots (are they wet? muhaha Anime hyper) to lighten things up Anime smile gonna check it out right now, okthanxbye Very Happy

Totally sounds like the kind of shows I am gonna buy posters/figurines/hug pillows of >3
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

The first episode is super-squicky, from what I've heard. There's this procedure they go through where they get something attatched to the base of their spine. Of course, Ange goes through that, but it's deliberately set up to look she's being erotically sodomized.

Yeah, this is a show I'm gonna pass on.
Blue21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A genuinely original TV animation series

Big words to live up to.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow the story sounds like they tried to cram every possible cliche into one story, regardless of genre. Could be good if they played it really tongue in cheek, or maybe it'll be B-movie level of so bad its good.
DeSpawn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
My head esploded when it mentioned pan dimensional dragons invading...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

The first episode is super-squicky, from what I've heard. There's this procedure they go through where they get something attatched to the base of their spine. Of course, Ange goes through that, but it's deliberately set up to look she's being erotically sodomized.

That's what I was referring to. The intent is there even if it isn't what's being depicted. But I'm not going to let something like that deter me from the show. However, it does kill some of the hype I had for it. From what I understood the audience wasn't too keen on that scene either, so any other scenes of that nature might be toned down from future episodes.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
Just a correction from someone who saw the first episode- Ange's formal name is spelled Angelese.
Don't know if Crunchyroll or some other official site didn't know either, but that's what the English letters said in the episode.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
From what it sounds like, anyone who can handle Ninja Scroll should be able to handle this.

Will have to watch this one.

Nothing wrong with pan-dimensional dragons, after all, they have to come from somewhere. Not all of them can be buried deep in the Earth for centuries, until humans dig too deep into the Earth looking for diamonds or oil.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

i really doubt that. but considering how popular fanservice series like strike witches and highschool dxd is, it'll be ok if it does have it.

however from the looks of things you dont have to worry about that cause it looks more like part escaflone , part dual since there are only female pilots in the series so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

I literally had to reread what you typed a few times because I couldn't believe it. Although, I suppose I should have expected something squicky. Ah well, I still want to try the series.
jomy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Heh. I was just about to say that I've never seen a good non-shoujo series prominently featuring females, nevermind a mecha series. Then I read this comment and it pretty much solidified this view. Although I should mention that Fafner is a good example of weird ways of piloting a mecha done right (ie no squick factor even for the females). Maya and Canon are not really main characters compared to Soushi and Kazuki though, but both are strong and likable girls when they're not drooling all over the guys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1