• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of the Abyss

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia have been adapted into anime

Tales of Symphonia technically hasn't been made into an anime yet. But they're planning to (why they're choosing to animate ToS as opposed to other, more popular Tales games is beyond me though). Tales of Eternia has also been made into an anime.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Tales love. <3

I really should just go BUY the game, though. (Particularly considering...I'm a mod on those forums...^^; ) If only we carried it at my work, Target...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cranium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
(why they're choosing to animate ToS as opposed to other, more popular Tales games is beyond me though)

Well, I don't know about Japan but ToS is the most popular instalment of the series in the West.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Cranium wrote:
Well, I don't know about Japan but ToS is the most popular instalment of the series in the West.

It is, but it's one of the least popular ones in Japan. The only reason I can see them animating ToS as opposed to more popular Tales series games would be that they intend to give it a US release... which I suppose is possible. But I think they'd probably be making more money if they animated one of the popular ones in Japan, seeing as the Tales series is far more popular in Japan overall.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Symphonia is an absolutely awesome game, and the only Tales game I have played. The other 2D and "single-plane" ones don't appeal to me as much, though, because I like the freedom ToS offers, and Tales of the Abyss seems to be in the same style, so if I had a PS2, I'd buy this game. I'm probably getting a PS2 soon, though...
omarroms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
can we submit more then once?
can we submit once a day?

edit: i found the answer to my question, nm

Last edited by omarroms on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I found the answer to the question in my latest issue of Shonen Jump. There's actually an ad for it in the back.
ookumae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:13 am Reply with quote
On a side note did anyone else laugh and/or feel weired out when you saw the day and time when the contest ends? Yeah I recently finished reading that chapter of Death Note
ChaosAxess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
The other 2D and "single-plane" ones don't appeal to me as much, though, because I like the freedom ToS offers

Actually, you're still confined to a single line in Symphonia, so it's no different. The only games where you are free to move to multiple lines on your own will are Abyss, Rebirth, and Tempest (Though I don't even consider this a part of the series). Symphonia's battle system is mediocre compared to the preceding Tales of Destiny 2, and the following Rebirth and Abyss, anyway. It's not nearly as deep as any of them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1