• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yowamushi Pedal 3DS Game's 2nd Promo Introduces Gameplay Modes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, it looks like some kind of interactive story game.

I was hoping it would be a super tedious and boring cycling simulator, where you "pedal" by turning the analogue stick with your thumb and steer by pressing the shoulder buttons. Also, you'd have to twirl the thumbstick a little faster to climb inclines, although you can coast down the other way. My hypothetical extreme endurance cycling game would let you race from Wakkanai, Hokkaido to Ibusuki, Kagoshima Prefecture, on Kyushu (racing through the Seikan railway tunnel to get from Hokkaido to Honshu), a route a little over 2700 kilometres in length.

It would make "Desert Bus" seem fun, exciting, and short in comparison, but Bandai-Namco seems to be picking story over simulation. To my dismay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1