• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project's WAS The Hourglass of Lepidoptera Kickstarter Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Via_01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
It's a great thing that we managed to hit the $46000 mark. Yay for a fully voiced game!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
It's a great thing that we managed to hit the $46000 mark. Yay for a fully voiced game!

I know. If the Stretch Goals were swapped, with the $46,000 being the merchandise and the $65,000 being the voices, I would've been upset.
The real question is are they (S.R.L. and Sekai Project) can really deliver on April 2015? Having to record lines for the entirety of the game isn't something that can be done in a day or two (or can it? I don't know).

I can't wait for my copy Smile
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Via_01 wrote:

I know. If the Stretch Goals were swapped, with the $46,000 being the merchandise and the $65,000 being the voices, I would've been upset.
The real question is are they (S.R.L. and Sekai Project) can really deliver on April 2015? Having to record lines for the entirety of the game isn't something that can be done in a day or two (or can it? I don't know).

They lines should already be recorded shouldn't they? It's just licensing for the Japanese cast I believe.
Via_01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Via_01 wrote:

They lines should already be recorded shouldn't they? It's just licensing for the Japanese cast I believe.

Yup. The first stretch goal was to license the voices only for the main events, while the $46000 goal was to license all the voices for all them events. At least that's what I managed to gather.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/bring-was-the-hourglass-of-lepidoptera-to-the-west wrote:
Stretch Goals

At $10,500, Specially made postcards will be given to all backers.

At $30,000, voices (event and scene replay only) will be unlocked and Limited quantity of Shikishi (autographs) from Seiyuu will be available.

At $46,000, full voices unlocked, we will be able to do additional recording on character voices (expect for the protagonist) to make the game fully voiced! Shikishi signed by Seiyuu and personalized with backers names will be available.

At $65,000, Kickstarter exclusive goods such as mugs, fans, and dakimakura add ons will be unlocked and we will do an Android port.

They'll record more lines, not acquire International Lease
Via_01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, just went to the kickstarter page to make sure. My mistake there.

But that brings again the question of how long it'd take to record the lines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1