• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 Yu-Gi-Oh! Film Teaser Recaps 20 Years of Manga, Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSS!!!!! I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!

Got a feeling this movie will release in January like BBT.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Kaiba and Yugi are dueling! I've never seen that before!

What a refreshing concept for this exciting movie!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAAS!
aburame.ernesto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zero??? why never is mentioned??? I know, Bandai; but would be great if they remaster that series for the 20th anniversary
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
aburame.ernesto wrote:
and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zero??? why never is mentioned??? I know, Bandai; but would be great if they remaster that series for the 20th anniversary

It's never mentioned because that was the first failed attempt at adapting the manga by a different studio, and is therefore not canon to the actual continuity of the current series. DM, GX, 5D's, ZeXal, and ARC-V are only bits of the franchise. I don't know why people call it Yu-Gi-Oh Zero anyway, outside because Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged erroneously called it that because that's not it's name, it was just called "Yu-Gi-Oh!" Hense why Duel Monsters has the Duel Monsters suffix, akin to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

And quite frankly, nobody in the fandom really cares about Yu-Gi-Oh, they only care about the Duel Monsters continuity and beyond. At least the actual fans of the Japanese version and Japanese fandom. It seems like only a few western fans care about that old incarnation for whatever reason. Can't even chalk it up to nostalgia because it never aired here.

-Stuart Smith
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
aburame.ernesto wrote:

*Season 0, you mean. Also its not canon to the storyline.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:06 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
I don't know why people call it Yu-Gi-Oh Zero anyway, outside because Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged erroneously called it that because that's not it's name, it was just called "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Because it's easy, probably. If you refer to 'Yugioh' just like that most people are going to thing of the DM series, so it's just a fandom nickname. Plus I don't think anyone actually thinks 'Zero' is apart of the name.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
Maybe the movie will finally compel whoever owns the American rights to release the uncensored, Japanese-language series with English subs.

Maybe a pig will out of my *expletive deleted*
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
Man I am way more excited for this than I really should be. A shame they didn't at least acknowledge the fact that the 1998 series exists though. I'm also curious to see how the remaster looks like. Bonds Beyond Time's the only Yu-Gi-Oh! work thats gotten a blu-ray release, so 'm curious how the first series will look in HD.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Man I am way more excited for this than I really should be. A shame they didn't at least acknowledge the fact that the 1998 series exists though. I'm also curious to see how the remaster looks like. Bonds Beyond Time's the only Yu-Gi-Oh! work thats gotten a blu-ray release, so 'm curious how the first series will look in HD.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:18 am Reply with quote
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
Yes! The hype is real!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2