• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fairy Tail BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
− First half of set 12 drags, some off-model characters and lazy animation throughout Infinity Clock arc. Bringing back the Oración Seis feels forced.

while i would agree that bringing them back was forced, it was however kinda a necessary evil otherwise most people wouldnt have cared about this arc as much as people wanted. especially the author who liked this arc and the phoenix princess movie so much that he decided to put both storylines in the cannon material & even put some of the characters in the ch openers (though only michelle & eclair and her pet )which have sparked the debate on whether both the movie and the infinity clock arc are psuedo fillers or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I know, and I really did like a lot of aspects of it like I said in the review. I guess it was less that they felt forced in and more that having to throw them back in jail so that they'd be in place for the Tartaros Arc was more of the issue.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
If only the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc felt like it had a good reason to exist in the end... I agree with the review that Key of the Starry Heavens was redeemed by its final episodes, but ECS's final episodes felt more like the final nails in the coffin. At least for the arc itself. Just two more months and the anime can tackle the part of the manga storyline that made me fall in love with the series again.

And I'm glad to know that someone else feels that Dan was awesome in the dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1