• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Stream Nisekoi Season 2, Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Welp, that was kinda expected. I noticed Unlimited Blade Works is absent on that list but since they already got season 1, it's obvious they got the sequel too. Kinda looking forward to these especially Plastic Memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Was looking forward to Plastic Memories, this takes the wind out of those sails.

Mark Gosdin
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to see if I want to check out Gunfighter Stratos or Plastic Memories. If Plastic Memories is anything near the calibur of Time of Eve, I'll be all over that.

Still puzzled as to why Nisekoi was not dubbed. If Viz or Funimation had licensed it, it would gotten one. It's a no-brainer.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I find the fact that Gunslinger Stratos and Plastice Memories being mentioned in the same headline since the latter series' character designer worked on another series that has "Stratos" in its' name: Infinite Stratos.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why they would pick Nisekoi 2, but Gunslinger and Plastic Memories look promising.
traveling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it. I guess they will do a special announcement for UBW.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
I don't know why they would pick Nisekoi 2, but Gunslinger and Plastic Memories look promising.

A few reasons might be because of its popularity and because they also streamed the first season last year.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
Still puzzled as to why Nisekoi was not dubbed. If Viz or Funimation had licensed it, it would gotten one. It's a no-brainer.

Just because it doesn't have a dub yet doesn't mean it's not going to get one. It's Aniplex we're talking about, after all. They're hardly the most prolific company.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works dub. Since they dubbed Fate/Zero, I don't have a single doubt that they'll dub FSN: UBW too. It's just a matter of when.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:06 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
I'll have to see if I want to check out Gunfighter Stratos or Plastic Memories. If Plastic Memories is anything near the calibur of Time of Eve, I'll be all over that.

I would've thought that Viz would pick since it is a WSJ title and because they publish the manga. At least Viz, Funi, or Sentai would be releasing cheaper than AoA.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Was looking forward to Plastic Memories, this takes the wind out of those sails.

And you were not expecting Aniplex USA to get this? Didn't you know that Aniplex is in the production committee?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
While they're at it, they should nab up the Nisekoi Ova's
Antonio Bravo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:

It will. I promise. I think it will be the only SOL anime to get a dub....or not. I doubt Viz would take it with permission. It is a shounen after all.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
AoA, what prices you charging on this when you release it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1