• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anisong Singers, Hatsune Miku Rank in Olympic Opening Act Poll

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Sakamoto I could get behind, given he's a respected composer in his own right rather than a "that guy that did that theme tune to that show only weebs/otaku know" personality. Of course, with Yasushi Akimoto in charge of the opening ceremony & his already planning to put a AKB48 type group in it, I don't have high hopes until shown otherwise.
Rufifox

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Jam Project deserves to be there.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I remember the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, I was 5 years old and we watched a lot of the events on our Black & White Console TV. Strange to think that, if I am fortunate, I will get to see another summer Olympics from there. Would love to see one of the acts that I'm familiar with be a part of the opening. Time will tell.

Mark Gosdin
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm up for Sakamoto, Miku, as much corporate plugging of Doraemon as possible, and NO RUSSELL BRAND!!!

(And even though it was the ending ceremony, no "cool" covers of We Will Rock You this time, please--
Was it really tasteful to play a song about delinquent football hooligans to Olympic athletes? Confused )
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't there an article some time ago, that said AKB48 was going to be involved?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Anything but AKB48 will be fine and won't embarrass the country in front of the world.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, i'd go for a sweet idol performance. Now matter what Japan'll be outside someone's comfort zone.

Man, seeing Hamasaki at the bottom. Remember when she was everything? So long ago.
ajr

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
This is still five years out, right? I'd say try to pick one with staying power so they're still fairly fresh in people's minds by then. That might be a mark against Hatsune, but in some ways that means they could age-proof the act. I guess I'd be tempted to just get a bunch of grade schoolers to do it.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Hatsune Miku all the way. The world already are familar with Miku.
But please no AKB-43945959 and Arashi boy group Bull-$#!T.
As3ann

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I dunno why I'm LOLing about Gloden Bomber being up there. Can't imagine them singing DT Suteru during the ceremony...that OP makes me laugh even just from remembering it
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Wasn't there an article some time ago, that said AKB48 was going to be involved?

Probably this one: animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-03-22/akb48-producer-akimoto-to-produce-2020-tokyo-olympics-opening-ceremony

Akimoto was named the producer for the Opening Ceremonies last year. Since he also produces AKB48, it was assumed the group would make an appearance.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
If you want to look further back in time at the 1964 games, the official Olympic YouTube channel has a complete film documenting the event.

So I'm watching the YouTube clip, and at the 17:57 mark we see the Soviet delegation right behind the U.S. one Laughing
Now remember that this was in '64, only 2 years after the Cuban Missile Crisis, and at the end of Khrushchev's rule (he was ousted 4 days later). Gotta love who was in charge on the delegation order.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
My vote is for a S.K.I.N reunion Wink
animefan1238

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I personally would love to see a collaboration of Maaya Sakamoto and Yoko Kanno. Both have worked with each other and I personally love Maaya's voice. I know it's a long shot but what the hell, throw a name in the ring that isn't there.
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
For everyone who's thinking just because Akimoto is going to do something with the 48 group...

He stated on his official 755 account, which was translated here that he wasn't going to involve them like that. He's well aware of his duties.

Either way, I think Sakamoto is a really great choice if they choose him in the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3