• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PS4s with Silent Hills Demo Selling for Over US$1,500

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Must be a pretty popular Demo.
Via_01

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Well, considering that it was taken out of the store and Silent Hills is officially not a thing anymore, I think it's soon going to become a collector's thing more than anything.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Good luck to whoever bought it if the account the demo is tied to ever gets deactivated. Though it's a lot more likely someone sold it to themselves or a friend that would return the money in person in an attempt to trick others into pulling the trigger.
casualfan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Excellent profit for a free demo. It'll be even more hilarious if the buyer already has a ps4 but just happens to not have the demo so he got another one purely for the demo. What a funny situation.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
The demo is tied to a person's account. You'd have to be extremely trusting that the seller would give you their log in, which is already very risky in it and of itself.

Secondly, this is like three times the price of a regular PS4. Silent Hills was downloaded by millions of people for FREE. It's a scam if I ever saw one. Chances are, you probably already know someone who owns a PS4 with Silent Hills. I just wish I had the console so I could have downloaded it while it was still available. Guess I'll just watch a walkthrough.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
The demo is tied to a person's account. You'd have to be extremely trusting that the seller would give you their log in, which is already very risky in it and of itself.

Secondly, this is like three times the price of a regular PS4. Silent Hills was downloaded by millions of people for FREE. It's a scam if I ever saw one. Chances are, you probably already know someone who owns a PS4 with Silent Hills. I just wish I had the console so I could have downloaded it while it was still available. Guess I'll just watch a walkthrough.

Scam is a pretty strong word. Millions may have gotten it free, but other millions might want it now.

Buying anything online from other 'people' is always a risk, but if the sellers are above board, then you shouldn't have any problems.
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Scam is a pretty strong word. Millions may have gotten it free, but other millions might want it now.

Buying anything online from other 'people' is always a risk, but if the sellers are above board, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Well I suppose it can only really be considered a "scam," if you buy something expecting one thing, but don't receive what was advertised. So I guess just a really dumb sale would be more appropriate.

Many of these sellers though don't have high feedback ratings or any at all. That right there should be a red flag.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I would have to be really dumb to spend $1,800+ just to buy a PlayStation4 with a demo that may be unplayable due to the possible unavailability of the seller's password of his account. Even if one were to have access to the demo, there's a chance that it may no longer work if there's a time limit placed on it.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I would have to be really dumb to spend $1,800+ just to buy a PlayStation4 with a demo that may be unplayable due to the possible unavailability of the seller's password of his account. Even if one were to have access to the demo, there's a chance that it may no longer work if there's a time limit placed on it.

If there are people willing to pay for it why not? Konami removed shareplay function today, and they can always hit Youtube let's plays with a ton of copyright violations too at any moment. So the only sure way that anyone can ever play this is to buy a PS4 with it on it. There's no danger of not being able to play it either. It's on the hard drive. You can't re download it thanks to Konami removing the license, so Im sure if there was a way for them to erase it off your hard drive, they would... but they can't.

Also some of the listings are up to $3,000 I just checked. Full disclosure tho I'm probably actually doing to go this because I was looking to sell my PS4 anyways (got bored of it). One of my best friends is kicking herself rn for not downloading it Anime hyper

Last edited by Lili-Hime on Mon May 11, 2015 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

It just shows that stupidity isn't lacking in this world.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Joke's gonna be on anyone who buys a PS4 for that price just for PT when Konami somehow finds a way to force the demo to expire.
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
i figured people would do this -.-
Freyanne

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
Joke's gonna be on anyone who buys a PS4 for that price just for PT when Konami somehow finds a way to force the demo to expire.
I honestly am expecting this to happen.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I feel pretty good to know that I downloaded it before it was removed.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:27 am Reply with quote
What a coincidence, my cousin was joking earlier that maybe his ps4 will be worth a thousand bucks just because it has the demo. Looks like he was right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2