Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yowamushi Pedal, The Seven Deadly Sins Win 39th Kodansha Manga Awards




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12482
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
Congrats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Araki



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 345
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 am Reply with quote
Oh hey, it's that "Kodansha awards for Kodansha manga" thing (and one prize for Akita Shoten to make it a little less ridiculous). Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
animelytical



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:47 am Reply with quote
The Seven Deadly Sins deserves praise...but this is by Kodansha. I guess that means it beat Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan. Kind of. Rolling Eyes

Also, I enjoyed the first volume of Knights of Sidonia. I must get more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12482
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Oh hey, it's that "Kodansha awards for Kodansha manga" thing (and one prize for Akita Shoten to make it a little less ridiculous). Laughing


I think it would seem more fair if they had a non-Kodansha company doing this because then it might not be as biased. However, to beat out AoT is something considering that is definitely a hot title nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beatdigga



Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 2857
Location: Here!
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
And yet no one can bring the TV series over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Merxamers



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 681
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
I keep being shocked that other people besides me recognize how great Knights of Sidonia is; i love it to death, and i'm happy to see it recognized here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12482
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:10 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
And yet no one can bring the TV series over.

In terms of licensing, I get that the companies want it treated well and that the rights holders are paid the necessary payments/royalties. However, they aren't helping stop piracy/copyright infringement when they are hesitant to license a show to a foreign company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
animelytical



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
And yet no one can bring the TV series over.


I need it! Aniplex were responsible for it in Japan, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chito895



Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Posts: 511
Location: Lima, Peru
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:52 am Reply with quote
The Seven Deadly Sins was produced by Aniplex and animated by A1 pictures. The most logical thing is that it would be licensed by Aniplex here.

It was good a series, but if you've read the manga, you'll notice major changes in the anime

Nakaba-sensei has done a great job with the manga. He and his manga deserve all the praise.

Congrats to all the winners!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
animelytical



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
The Seven Deadly Sins was produced by Aniplex and animated by A1 pictures. The most logical thing is that it would be licensed by Aniplex here.

It was good a series, but if you've read the manga, you'll notice major changes in the anime

Nakaba-sensei has done a great job with the manga. He and his manga deserve all the praise.

Congrats to all the winners!


I know the major changes. A huge shame really. A well worked story like this one that relies on key panels for characterisation and plot shouldn't have plot deviations like this had. I'd just gotten over it.

Think they'll be able to do a season 2?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chito895



Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Posts: 511
Location: Lima, Peru
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
animelytical wrote:


Think they'll be able to do a season 2?


I'd really want a 2nd season, they can do some changes here and there so that it makes sense with the chapters of the new arc. Besides, Taizai needs a new season in order to explain some of the plot holes that remains.

The new arc deserves an animated version, but if there is one, I hope they start it once the last arcs are finished, so they don't delete more major points of the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
animelytical



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Posts: 48
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
animelytical wrote:


Think they'll be able to do a season 2?


I'd really want a 2nd season, they can do some changes here and there so that it makes sense with the chapters of the new arc. Besides, Taizai needs a new season in order to explain some of the plot holes that remains.

The new arc deserves an animated version, but if there is one, I hope they start it once the last arcs are finished, so they don't delete more major points of the series.


A second season is required because of the plot things yet to be explained along with the history. I don't understand why they would risk continuity by adapting the story the way they did. Had this been done in 30-40 episodes (I think 3 cours of 12 episodes would have been worked) and accurately, I would expect a follow up. There is a chance for one but the finale meant people werentnwhere they were at the same point in the manga. It was strange how some things in were put in even they made no sense because of the things that were changed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group